Valued Contributor

Re: I've been reminded why I don't order from QVC much anymore

@Valstybaby wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

I have sent packages to 3 different locations in the last 4 years and have never experienced slow shipping from QVC.  I doubt that is rare, but it is puzzling why some locations experience this.

My QVC packages stay in process longer than it takes for me to receive packages from other vendors. 

Same thing here. My card acknowledges the charge immediately when the order is placed and puts a hold on the funds but if they don’t ship the item in 5 days it releases the hold on the money.  It is kind of irritating but it eventually gets to me, albeit slowly. The last time I ordered specifically for Christmas delivery it showed delivered to an address in another state. My package got delivered a few days later even though the updated info said I should have received it the same day as the person in California. I was not double charged. I hope the other person did get charged. 

Honored Contributor

As long as you don't cut off your nose to spite your face - whatever that old canard means.

I don't order all that often, but I've still managed to spend more in 2017 than the average Amazon customer spent last year.  I have no idea what the averages are for this year; not do I care because I have an AD due for release next week and one product in it is still about $300.00 less than I'd pay at Amazon and I'm getting another $100.00 product in the kit totally free. 

I assume one of these years Perricone won't be so much cheaper here at QVC, but for now, they are so far ahead it's laughable.  And, yes, I know it's still expensive, but I'm not giving up what works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

An hour or so ago, I heard a loud thud on my front porch.  It was my Vitacost order.  

The jerk who delivered the package walked all the way up to my tiny porch and chucked the package.  It sounded like he really spiked it.  Maybe he's a big football fan.

Apparently he was too winded from the walk across my lawn to take one more step...or to bend over and place the box on the edge of the porch.

This was my first order from Vitacost, and it may be my last.

WOW! Don't blame Vitacost, blame the jerk who delrvered your package!

Vitacost employed a no-name service instead of using USPS or UPS.  So...it is kind of their fault.  I don't even know who I would contact about the delivery other than Vitacost, because there was just some magnet I couldn't read on the van.  The deals can be great and the shipping fast, but I sometimes order stuff in glass bottles.  So in the end it makes little difference who I "blame."  If Vitacost chooses to use a delivery service that is careless, I'm more likely to get broken glass in my next order.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Regular Contributor

I ordered ALL of my Christmas gifts from QVC.  Makeup items for my daughter, mixer for Mom, heating pad for Dad, Atari and Bose for hubby.  Gosh, it would take me an hour to list everything!!  I get complete updates when the items arrive by mail or by UPS, so I know exactly when they are all coming.  My hubby went shopping yesterday for a little while.  He came back commenting about all the WOMEN he had to dodge!!  Not this one.  I am sitting in front of my REAL fire, waiting for my next to arrive.  I always like to ask all of you at this time:  What are you MOST tired of seeing advertised on the Q?  Mine have to be Berkshire blankets, Duraflames, Josie, and humidifiers!!  Merry Christmas everyone.

Respected Contributor

I almost went out shopping today since school is out and I still have to get something for my dad.  But then I decided I didn't want to stand in the checkout line for 30 minutes and have someone in my way all of the time.  Thank God for Amazon Prime.