Valued Contributor

I used my new epilator for the first time...

Hello Ladies. I used my new epilator for the first time tonight. Following directions. The legs weren't bad. No problem at all. I moved on to the upper lip and chin using the guard but felt nothing so I took the guard off and still didn't feel it. Looks better though lol. I went over it a few times thinking it wasn't working as some reviews say it really hurts. After using it on my lip and chin it kind of feel like a brush burn? Doesn't hurt only way I can describe it. I have a question... or three. How many times do you go over an area? Should you continue to do it or take a rest and use it another day on the same area? Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

Re: I used my new epilator for the first time...

I bought one a few years ago, it missed many hairs, but when it grasped a hair, it was very painful! Glad you aren't having any pain~

Honored Contributor

here's a tip when doing your upper lip and cheek use your tongue from the inside to push out and then go over the area gently, you don't need to press hard like a razor. keep in mind that it's basically mechanized tweezers spinning around and you want to give them the room to grab the hair. go in the opposite direction that the hair is laying.I mainly use mine for my chin and a few neck hairs but last night I used it at the corners of my mouth for the peach fuzz and boy does that hurt! then I did my legs, piece of cake by comparison
Contributor

I also received and tried it today. Legs were not bad at all. I'm afraid to use on my face. Tried to use it on my arms...yowza!!! Ouch. Won't make that mistake again.

I'd like to hear some tips too.

Honored Contributor

wow, that is amazing. I have a high tolerance for pain and couldn't use it on my legs nor my underarms- it was crazy painful, just how I'd imagine someone ripping my hair out. I can't believe you didn't have any pain!

Valued Contributor

You can use this on your cheek? I would love to but it says not to.. I know HappyDaze it is weird I had no pain at all on my lip or chin... maybe I am doing something wrong but my jawline feels smooth like glass lol{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. It is mostly that light peach fuzz I have maybe a stray hair here and there. The legs I could feel if I didn't hold it tight. I don't think I am going to the arms, or underarms or bikini now that I think I would feel.

Trusted Contributor

Sound like this new eRace works pretty well. When I used epilators, I would go over an area until I felt it removed the bulk of the hair. Then I would go over the same areas within the next two days or so to catch the hairs that had since grown in and any left behind from the first use.

On the face, again, I would go over the areas until I felt it had removed just about all visible hair. I never over did it on my face as I didn't want my skin to become sensitive from the constant pressure and rubbing. I tended to do my face more often but for shorter periods of time - just my preference really.

I didn't order this yet as I missed the TSV - didn't visit the BB that day. So I am not completely familiar with it's nuances if they vary from other epilators. I think you'll get the hang of it quicker than you might think - it kind of all depends too on how much hair you are attempting to remove and how well the epilator is accomplishing that.

But it sounds like it is performing well and the Operator (you) are doing a great job too!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 bunjetto said:

You can use this on your cheek? I would love to but it says not to.. I know HappyDaze it is weird I had no pain at all on my lip or chin... maybe I am doing something wrong but my jawline feels smooth like glass lol{#emotions_dlg.laugh}. It is mostly that light peach fuzz I have maybe a stray hair here and there. The legs I could feel if I didn't hold it tight. I don't think I am going to the arms, or underarms or bikini now that I think I would feel.

well, that is great then- it is working for you and no pain! Can't beat that! Glad it works so well for you! Smile

Super Contributor

I posted a thread asking about using this for the face -- LOTS of replies and info on how people use it, experiences, etc.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/451444/emjoi-for-the-face.aspx

Valued Contributor

Awe thanks wakers, Happy. I had an epilator years ago and that thing ripped my face off. It hurt so bad I couldn't believe I kept trying to use it. Then I smartened up. This thing really doesn't hurt. I have a Bellabe and have been using that for a couple years and that thing still hurts!

Thanks Maren I will check that thread out! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}