Respected Contributor

I used a lot of my points today with an Ulta order.....

So after reading some of the issues Ulta is having with their business, which I totally understand some of the reasons, I placed a pretty large order and used $125 of my points toward it. I have saved my points for a while and I’ve accumulated quite an amount. I was afraid things would get so bad that they would not honor them, so I got a lot of my back up products. I’m good on mascara, shampoo, etc. I did get a couple goodies too. 

I do like Ulta’s point system and maybe that “can’t” take your points, but times are tough and after all, I earned these points from buying so (too) much. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: I used a lot of my points today with an Ulta order.....

I love Ulta's point system, so much better than anyone else.  I have $155 in points and I don't really know why I'm saving them, don't have any big purchases on my wish list.  I think I will follow your lead and use them on my next few orders instead of saving them for some future big purchase that I might never make.

I think I'm a little leery of using them because the last time I accumulated a lot of them I made the mistake using them on a Beachwaver Pro which I despise.  Not sure why that has stopped me from using them but it has.  I think it's because I felt like the time to overpay on something was when I had enough points to pay for it and then I was so totally disappointed in what I bought that it made me want to hoard my rewards.  Really stupid I know!

Super Contributor

I save up my points throughout the year and use them on Black Friday.  I can usually get a few Christmas gifts and also enough left for ME! LOL

Are you thinking they may close?  I haven't kept up with that?  

Honored Contributor

Google Ulta stock price and pull up chart for 1 year.  I have read nothing about this, are the stores even open?  Hardly essential, but there's always online.  Hypothetically if I were saving points I would use them for staples, using  real money for the frills. You would lose the jinx part, anyway.

Respected Contributor

Their point system is fantastic. I have a ton of points saved but was waiting until all of this over. My Ulta moved to a new location and anxious to go in and shop the store.

Respected Contributor

@pietook wrote:

I save up my points throughout the year and use them on Black Friday.  I can usually get a few Christmas gifts and also enough left for ME! LOL

Are you thinking they may close?  I haven't kept up with that?  

I honestly don’t know what their future holds, but I did see where they possible aren’t going to pay their vendors and their employees are being furloughed. 

Like I said, I don’t know if they would just take your points but when times get tough, who knows what will happen. I wanted to use them on things I know I love and will use. 

Valued Contributor

Good idea.I will use my reward points as soon as possible.