Honored Contributor

Re: I used Bare Pro by BE today

@Funloving wrote:

The very fact that the ingredients of the foundation "will ruin" if you don't use the accompanying brush is another red flag.  Makes you wonder about the ingredients---- IF it's even true.  My first impression is it sounds like a crock.

@Funloving, I'd stick with your first impression.

baloney

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

The very fact that the ingredients of the foundation "will ruin" if you don't use the accompanying brush is another red flag.  Makes you wonder about the ingredients---- IF it's even true.  My first impression is it sounds like a crock.

@Funloving, I'd stick with your first impression.

baloney

HAHAHAHA!  Love it @suzyQ3!

Super Contributor

Been a BE fan from the beginning.   I tried this product and do not like it at all. 

I find it heavy, hard to smooth on skin and it has a smell other BE foundations never did.  I have used the original minerals, Bare Skin, Complexion Rescue.

I also find this product hard to wash off.   I think it is like wearing heavy makeup and is not what the BE line is all about.

Esteemed Contributor

Well for those who do like this. I just saw it's available on line at Costco for $18. Twelve shades, no brush.

Honored Contributor

And I've been told by sales clerks at Ulta & Sephora that it doesn't need a special brush. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I bought this foundation a few weeks ago and have already returned it to Ulta.  It wouldn't go on evenly using my Artis brush and every other foundation applies beautifully with this brush which is why I didn't purchase the BE brush.  The foundation just kind of sat on the surface of my skin and looked really obvious.  It felt heavy even though I used a small amount.  I really wanted to like it but it just didn't work for me.  

Valued Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Well for those who do like this. I just saw it's available on line at Costco for $18. Twelve shades, no brush.

The foundation on the Costco website is the Bare Pro powder foundation.  I think we're discussing the new liquid version.  If you like the powder version, Costco's price is great!

Trusted Contributor

@laurelei  That's what I think the confusion on this thread is.  The original poster doesn't clarify which barepro she's referring to and many replied/commented on the barepro powder foundation.   I'm curious to hear peoples' thoughts and reviews on the new barepro liquid foundation. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fitfuninformed

@laurelei

This thread is from last year, FYI.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@laurelei

Thanks for pointing this out. That being said, I have the Bare Pro liquid foundation. Months back there was an incredible LTS deal on one of the AD kits from the initial offering. I grabbed two, in different shades. I like it. No brush included. I've used other brushes or fingers. This was a nice kit and I've enjoyed the contents, especially the pressed compact form of what appears to be 'warmth.'

BTW,  Wayne Goss has a great utube video on applying the Bare Pro. He loves it.