Honored Contributor

I am not sure if anyone has posted about this new creation by Bare Escentuals.

It does cover heavier than the loose foundation.  The brush that must use with this new foundation is so small . Am use to a nice handle kabuki brush.

not sure i like my match, i think it is a little bit to light.I wear in loose foundation med.beige, in bare pro i was put into cashmere (#3) of color matches (lightest to darkest--numbers begin with #1 for lightest to darkest , which I believe is #30.

It does have talc (hospital grade talc) as main ingredient.

Just wanted to try it.  

New Contributor

Re: I used Bare Pro by BE today

I was hoping someone would post about it.  I just found out it is exclusive to Ulta.  Hate paying full price for a brush.  Is it really necessary?

Super Contributor

It will be available at other places in about a month. Ulta just got the exclusive for a very short time.  Looking forward to reviews.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  I like trying all the foundations and use different ones on different days depending on how much time I have, where I'm going, how much coverage I need, etc.  I'll be interested to see how this one looks on me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

I've been using this foundation since it showed up at Ulta and I love it! Great coverage that lasts all day. I did not purchase the brush. I use the same brush that I used with my Ready foundation or the kabuki I used with the loose foundation depending on the coverage I want 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been trying this out for a week now and not sure if I'll keep it. I have combo skin and it seems to be too matte/drying. By the end of the day, all my pores were visible. It had a weird unnatural look where I tried to get full coverage. I'm going to try with some different primers to see what that looks like. And no, you don't need the brush. It's so annoying that it seems like every new foundation that comes out now has a new brush that's supposed to be specifically for that foundation. 

Honored Contributor

I might bring the Ready foundation I own to Ulta and do a color comparison. At least I can do an ingredient comparison between the two pressed powder foundations ahead of time.

I have a kabuki brush from Sephora Collection #48 that I use and it does a great job re: coverage. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

7 august

Hello all.

Just got back to check out what was posting about this new BE foundation.

I was told by BE associate (she was manager of the store) that the reason for the special brush was the ingredients  that are in this new foundation will ruin if you don't use this special brush.  The new foundation will dry out,  I don't have anything to back this up if it is true.

I did use the new foundation 1 day.  What I found was, The new foundation did give me a slight case of drying skin by end of day.  I looked very cakey at the end of the day.  Really don't like the new foundation.  It is so much heavier than the loose foundation. 

If you purchase the foundation and a brush that goes with this new foundation the cost will be $60.00 plus any taxes.

I used my loose foundation today and had no trouble with it still looking good on my face. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks @viva923- Good info and you saved me a trip to Ulta.  I like the convenience of a compact powder, but the only one that gives me good results is Pur Minerals 4 in 1.  Otherwise I use loose minerals and dry is not the look I'm going for.  Many complained about the original Bare Minerals being too shiny.  I like the original and not a fan of the matte.  I do mix my own concoction of 1 part Halo and 1 part Bare Minerals because it produces a lighter formula, plus the shade is spot on.

Thanks again.  The words dry & cakey are enough to squelch my curiosity.

Respected Contributor

The very fact that the ingredients of the foundation "will ruin" if you don't use the accompanying brush is another red flag.  Makes you wonder about the ingredients---- IF it's even true.  My first impression is it sounds like a crock.