Occasional Contributor

Re: I tried Josie Maran body butters...

The Josie Maran body butters I received from QVC were sealed. 

Respected Contributor

Yes it was the body creams...they didnt have the devine drip. I think your all right being old. They didnt even have any in stock. This Sephora is in jcpenney and lately everything has been out of stock. I'm not going there anymore! I have a new outlet that just opened here in Florida and Ulta is here. I'll be shopping there from now on. However, they carry dont Josie Maran. I appreciate the advice here on Josie maran...if I decide to purchase I'll order online. I do like her spf 47 for my chest, (too oily for face) and the plain argon oil where needed. I'll look for your reviews on her body butters...maybe nicer quality from QVC...??
Honored Contributor

So, the body butters are different than the Whipped Argan Oil?  I have that one and was actually disappointed in it.  I was wanting a heavier product for winter where I am accustomed to spraying oil on my damp legs and then rubbing a body butter in on top of it.  

Lately, I have been using Gold Bond Ultimate Radiance Renewal.  It's much thicker, but still sinks into the skin well.  I used to love The Body Shop's Nut Body Butter, but they have changed the formulation and it no longer has that yummy smell.  Even with that I would spray oil on before applying.

Super Contributor

The body butters are a little greasy but it does not seperate.  I love her products but wish they were sealed.  The divine drip is less greasy and really amazing on dry skin

Super Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Dazlin

If I were a swearing person I'd say I swear by 

Wen Ultra Body Treatment.

I love it, it is spendy, but a little bit goes a long way.  

I wait for Chaz to bring sales and then I stock up.

Backing the uhaul up to the loading dock.  beep beep!

1,000% agree.  I have thrown out Philosophy, Korres, Beekman, Perlier and First Aide Beauty.  Chaz brought us some great sales the last two visits.  

Contributor

The only jars of Josie's body butters that don't come with a seal are the 8 oz and the 13.5 oz.  The 2 oz, 4 oz and 19 oz jars all come sealed (at least all mine have).

Honored Contributor

Most body butters, creams and moisturizers sit on top of the skin and do not get passed the top layer of dead, rough skin. Just like our faces, exfoliating either manually or w/ a body scrub is best before moisturizing the body.

Honored Contributor

I like Chaz Dean's Ultra Nourishing Intensive Body Treatment, not greasy at all . I agree that you need to exfoliate your skin first before you apply your body cream or lotion. I actually used my philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash to exfoliate my arms and legs tonight. I like L'Occitane skin products too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin   I recently received Josie's body butter in Jasmine and it is heavenly.  I can't get enough of this scent and the feel.  I bought it on Josie's website free shipping and she has over 10 different scents available.  The scent I have is not over whelming but rather a beautiful scent that lingers.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

The Body Shoppe body butters. I've been using them for years. They're better than Josie's and are reasonably priced.