Respected Contributor

I tried Josie Maran body butters...

I just came from Sephora and tried 4 of Josie's body creams. When I opened 1 jar, to test, the oil actually dripped out separately. I tried each one on the back of my hands. Yes very oily and rich. I didn't pick up any scent in each, vanilla bean, vanilla honey suckle, or apricot . I'm not sure if I like these...it goes on very greasy and looks oily. I think it absorbs, but not sure what its doing to hydrate skin. I'm thinking oils are NOT hydrating...maybe smoothing. Please suggest a hydrating emollient body cream. I'd like to gift my daughters. We already use Beekman...was looking for something else for a change.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I tried Josie Maran body butters...

i like the Perlier line on HSN....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin  Are you sure you tried the body butter?  Josie also has the Divine Drip which is richer according to the ladies on the board.  If you did try the body butter it had to very old for oil to be on the top.  That is really gross on Sephora's part to have that out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well I also like Beekman but I also have Josie's butter & Wen body treatment. I like all 3 of them. The butter I have from Josie does not drip out. Yes it's on the greasy side but don't seem to have any problems as long as I don't use too much. Maybe the testers Sephora has are old?

I also have some of the FootNanny products. Even though they are for the feet I have used them all over with good results. I really like it too.

Respected Contributor

I like Korres Body Butters sold at HSN. 

Honored Contributor

Korres Body Butters are extremely thick, i had trouble spreading them on my skin.

Honored Contributor

Who knows how long those things have been sitting out there or what someone else may have dumped into them.

I use the body butters on a regular basis.  None of mine have dripped oil nor has the oil ever separated from the cream.  They do not at all go on oily or greasy. 

I personally only buy either the unscented or the vanilla because I don't care for any of the other scents.  If you smelled nothing in them, they had to be old because the scented ones definitely have a smell to them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dazlin

If I were a swearing person I'd say I swear by 

Wen Ultra Body Treatment.

I love it, it is spendy, but a little bit goes a long way.  

I wait for Chaz to bring sales and then I stock up.

Backing the uhaul up to the loading dock.  beep beep!

*** Edited to add

Skin drinks it in quickly, also use his dry oil spray, either single or in combination with UBT.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
I just came from Sephora and tried 4 of Josie's body creams. When I opened 1 jar, to test, the oil actually dripped out separately. I tried each one on the back of my hands. Yes very oily and rich. I didn't pick up any scent in each, vanilla bean, vanilla honey suckle, or apricot . I'm not sure if I like these...it goes on very greasy and looks oily. I think it absorbs, but not sure what its doing to hydrate skin. I'm thinking oils are NOT hydrating...maybe smoothing. Please suggest a hydrating emollient body cream. I'd like to gift my daughters. We already use Beekman...was looking for something else for a change.

Your testers were all old. 

Respected Contributor

When Josie and QVC start sealing their products appropriately, I will purchase them again. It sounds like QVC as well as Sephora, could take a lesson in sanitation.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield