Respected Contributor

Re: I threw out what WEN I had in my Cupboards

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had bought quite a bit of WEN a bit ago.... with all the hair loss hype I became afraid to use it anymore. I had several bottles of CC and the spray mist and foam volumizer. I threw them all away.  I do not want to even chance blocking my hair folicles or chance my hair falling out at this point in my life.  Has anyone else decided to stop using WEN with the lawsuit isssue going on?

I have a lot and no longer use it on my hair, but use it for shaving my legs.  I now am not losing hair in the shower anymore and my processed hair color looks great using Nick Chavez.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I see no reason to stop using something that works absolutely Wenderfully for me personally.

If I have any issues with WEN, I will make my own decisions, which will not be based on the gossip, attention seeking, or anxiety of people I don't even know.

Personal Choice :  Personal Responsibility

Kudos on a very sane and thoughtful response to a clearly baiting thread @Drythe.

I think exactly as you do.  The hysteria around here over a hair product is mind-boggling.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

Throw it it out or use it, either way no one is wrong.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@bonnielu - I understand. Did you ever consider you may have been using the wrong formula for your hair? Wen truly is a learning curve and I was pretty frustrated in the beginning. Thank goodness I found the Wen forum and the fabulous wenderful ladies to guide me through the learning process. Have a nice day - Riley1

Yes, I agree that there is a learning curve, and you have to find the perfect formula for your hair. I just found that it was getting too expensive trying to find the best formula. I found it to be more work and $$ to be worth the effort for me. I am happy for the people that found their "Holy Grail", and love the product. Not bashing just stating my opinion.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Trusted Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@bonnielu - I understand. Did you ever consider you may have been using the wrong formula for your hair? Wen truly is a learning curve and I was pretty frustrated in the beginning. Thank goodness I found the Wen forum and the fabulous wenderful ladies to guide me through the learning process. Have a nice day - Riley1

Yes, I agree that there is a learning curve, and you have to find the perfect formula for your hair. I just found that it was getting too expensive trying to find the best formula. I found it to be more work and $$ to be worth the effort for me. I am happy for the people that found their "Holy Grail", and love the product. Not bashing just stating my opinion.

This is exactly why we share our tips and what we have learned. The information is available and even Chaz states the basis of it when he presents the products. He is very repetitive in his statements, thats for a reason. Sometimes people only see different scents, not different formulas.

If I purchased that way I would have bought Cucumber Aloe as my first bottle of Wen. That formula would have been COMPLETELY wrong for my hair. I would have said Wen was too drying and wasnt good for my hair. Thats why we share the information.

But everyone has the options to do as they wish. The travel set is a good option for those looking to try but not sure where to start. You can try each of the core formulas for yourself. If it works, you know where to start. If it doesnt, you havent invested much and can move on.

#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nikki48 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

imo...if a shampoo or any cleansing product can not be EASILY rinsed from your hair or skin and requires unusually large amounts of water to remove it, then I'm not buying or using it. Just does not make any sense to me at all and a total waste of time.Woman Frustrated

I'm confused... what is an "unusually large" amount of water to use while showering and cleansing your hair? I let my hair become soaking wet and rinse well. You use enough water to let the dirt and oil flow off your scalp and out of your hair.

I agree it does take quite a bit of water to rinse the WEN out of the hair and my hair is short and fine texture.. I can only imagine what it takes to get that product rinsed out of your hair if it's long, thick and curly. This may be the reason people are experiencing hair loss, because they don't rinse the product out of their hair properly.

I havent found it difficult to rinse out because after applying water and cleansing my scalp and hair, it is well emulsified.

Exactly, if you are actually using it correctly, and adding water and frothing it up it rinses easily. The problem is too many people think they can use it like shampoo and then they hate it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

If I stopped using a product due to a class action lawsuit, I wouldn't be leaving the house.  Cars, whatever.  I go by how it affects me and Wen doesn't cause hair loss in my case.  Waiting for Xmas offering.

Respected Contributor

my dermatologist had me throw out all WEN due to scalp issues.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had bought quite a bit of WEN a bit ago.... with all the hair loss hype I became afraid to use it anymore. I had several bottles of CC and the spray mist and foam volumizer. I threw them all away.  I do not want to even chance blocking my hair folicles or chance my hair falling out at this point in my life.  Has anyone else decided to stop using WEN with the lawsuit isssue going on?

I stopped because I became allergic to it and yes, my hair started falling out.

I would never bother suing or taking part in a lawsuit though.

Different products can cause allergic reactions for different people - it's not the product's fault!

I did find that I couldn't GIVE it away though - I tried to give it to my best friend - she had heard about the lawsuit and wanted no part of it. Both her nieces had used it with hair loss.

Re: scalp build-up...it definitely happened to me. I could almost scrape it off - and it smelled musty - not pleasant at all! I rinsed for a LONG time too, as directed.

My stylist owns an Aveda salon - she had no issues when I brought in my WEN back when I was still using it. After I quit, she told me that some of her customers that use WEN exclusively have that same mustiness and scalp build up.

Regular Contributor

I know a lot of people have had issues with WEN but it has worked well for me; I first used it in late 2013 and have been a regular for about the last two years.  I'm African American and have chemically straightened hair.  This is the best detangler I've ever used and my hair texture and color is great.  Even the gray hair strands look better, LOL! Frankly, I think I'm losing less hair because I don't have to yank at it to comb it.  I would not use it if it were making my hair fall out and it isn't the cheapest stuff in the world (I used to complain about the price of Pantene) but as long as it continues to work for me, I'll remain a happy customer.