Esteemed Contributor

Re: I threw out what WEN I had in my Cupboards

I only bought it once to give ot my daughter who has long, curly, frizz hair.  She gave it back to me and said she really did not like it and said she had found something else.  

I did not want it so I tossed it.  It had nothing to do with the claims of hair loss.  I tried it actually and found it was heavy on my hair and really did not make me feel clean.  

As for the hair loss... I wish they would address it.  My best guess is they will change the ingredients and move on without admiting to anything.  

I wonder if the sales have dropped off.  In the day of instant communication and the Internet there are no secrets and no place to hide.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu

I do not see anybody hiding anywhere.  You can turn on the Q channel  Chaz is selling WEN right now.  And yes people are buying.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu - Not every product works for every person. Thank goodness we have many choices. What some people call "hair loss" I call shedding. We lose many hairs per day, whether it be in the shower or brush, etc.

Wen works for me and I have no problems with it. It doesn't take me any longer to rinse it out than shampoo I was using.

If I were having a problem, I would certainly stop using it immediately. Common sense goes a long way. I will continue using Wen until someone gives me absolut proof that is harmful. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just saying that there is so many comments about safety.  I would think someone would address it.  That is my only opinion.  I simply don't use it.  Did not like it first try... after my daughter gave it back.  

I don't watch live QVC so I have no idea who is on.  I just know what I see online and what is said here.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu - I understand. Did you ever consider you may have been using the wrong formula for your hair? Wen truly is a learning curve and I was pretty frustrated in the beginning. Thank goodness I found the Wen forum and the fabulous wenderful ladies to guide me through the learning process. Have a nice day - Riley1

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had bought quite a bit of WEN a bit ago.... with all the hair loss hype I became afraid to use it anymore. I had several bottles of CC and the spray mist and foam volumizer. I threw them all away.  I do not want to even chance blocking my hair folicles or chance my hair falling out at this point in my life.  Has anyone else decided to stop using WEN with the lawsuit isssue going on?

No, but I'm not an alarmist.

Here's a bit of logic for the chicken little- "the sky is falling, the sky is falling"  -brigade...many actors and models use Wen and ,unlike the general public, they make their money based upon their appearance; so why would they risk their livelihood , on the slightest chance that Wen possibly causes hair loss?

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

@untitled wrote:

@bonnielu

I do not see anybody hiding anywhere.  You can turn on the Q channel  Chaz is selling WEN right now.  And yes people are buying.

@untitled -  I know I sure did - even more than I had planned on!

Super Contributor

Yes yes and yes, My hair started to fall out and so much of it over time in the drain. When I stopped using WEN over time no more hair in the drain. Will NEVER use again!!!

Contributor

I don't use it anymore either.  There's so many good options for hair care.  Why take a chance?

Respected Contributor

If you never had problems  then why stop?  I know I am not a wenner  but if you had no  hair loss or scalp irritation like I had I do not see  why to stop it if you like it.?  I would not throw it away. I would still  use it as a conditioner for midshaft and ends that way you will not be throwing out money if you decide to go to the regular shampoo  route.

Have you tried the matrix  cleansing  conditioners. They seem to clean more deeply ( especially the pomograniate) and easier to wash out and I think less likely to have issues. Its more frothy. I like them but I dont use them anymore for I have issues with scents now.