Respected Contributor

Re: I threw out what WEN I had in my Cupboards

@Suebdoo wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

If you have residue, waxy feeling, oily looking, white coating or "dirty feeling" scalp....you are NOT using enough of either Wen or WATER!!  You are NOT cleansing your scalp but either lightly rubbing it or ignoring it all together.

If you are used to stripping chemicals of shampoo, you have to learn to actually cleanse. Have you ever noticed how the shampoo girl/guy at the salon actually gets in and rubs your scalp WITH LOTS OF WATER. It feels like a relaxing head massage...thats cleansing!

So no, it doesnt leave a buildup... ineffective cleansing does!

This!!  You should be using enough and also dip your hair in the stream of water and it becomes really frothy and easy to work through your hair.  Massaging  even while rinsing out.  I didn't do that in the beginning and could tell it wasn't quite right.  When I got tips , and the WEN comb I never have that feeling.  In fact it feels cleaner than using shampoo.  Like @nikki48 said, massage your scalp like they do at a salon.  I promise that big old splash of water and enough product is a game changer 

Also the massaging is going to loosen up hair that was already going to fall out.  I never see hair any other place anymore besides the drain.  I always wondered about people saying they are losing hair because of WEN and if they are shedding all over the place like clothes, furniture etc.  I would think if it's just in the shower you are just loosening hair that was already going to shed.  JMO

@Suebdoo@ I absolutely agree with everything you and @nikki48 said. Regarding your bolded statement---before Wen, I was seeing small mats of hair in the shower drain. No more! I was also picking loose hairs off my clothes all day. No more! Nor is there nearly as much hair on my bathroom floor or in my brushes.

This is not to discount stories of those losing hair with Wen...we can't say it isn't possible. But I lost hair and had a dreadful scalp reaction with Pantene, so any product can cause someone a problem. By far, though, I think the complaints about greasy, stringy hair, and buildup from Wen are caused by improper use. There is a learning curve with Wen and, unfortunately, the directions on the back of the bottle just can't cover it all! It would help a lot if people would read the booklet that comes with every order!

One more thing, then I'll get off my soapbox, lol! The number of pumps required seems very high, but there is a reason for that. The amount is not about conditioning your hair, the amount is what's required to get hair of a particular length and thickness clean!

If you only used it for conditioning, you'd need much less.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

imo...if a shampoo or any cleansing product can not be EASILY rinsed from your hair or skin and requires unusually large amounts of water to remove it, then I'm not buying or using it. Just does not make any sense to me at all and a total waste of time.Woman Frustrated

I'm confused... what is an "unusually large" amount of water to use while showering and cleansing your hair? I let my hair become soaking wet and rinse well. You use enough water to let the dirt and oil flow off your scalp and out of your hair.

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

I buy and use Wen......I don't use an unusual amount of water.....????

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had bought quite a bit of WEN a bit ago.... with all the hair loss hype I became afraid to use it anymore. I had several bottles of CC and the spray mist and foam volumizer. I threw them all away.  I do not want to even chance blocking my hair folicles or chance my hair falling out at this point in my life.  Has anyone else decided to stop using WEN with the lawsuit isssue going on?

How sad for you! All that wasted money. Why didn't you sell the unopened bottles or give them to a friend? Do you have a lot of anxiety issues? I don't know why you would throw away good money because of other people's problems. 

I would never ever throw my WEN away!!! 

Honored Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

imo...if a shampoo or any cleansing product can not be EASILY rinsed from your hair or skin and requires unusually large amounts of water to remove it, then I'm not buying or using it. Just does not make any sense to me at all and a total waste of time.Woman Frustrated

I'm confused... what is an "unusually large" amount of water to use while showering and cleansing your hair? I let my hair become soaking wet and rinse well. You use enough water to let the dirt and oil flow off your scalp and out of your hair.

I agree it does take quite a bit of water to rinse the WEN out of the hair and my hair is short and fine texture.. I can only imagine what it takes to get that product rinsed out of your hair if it's long, thick and curly. This may be the reason people are experiencing hair loss, because they don't rinse the product out of their hair properly.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

My memory may not be as good as it used to be, but I swear that the OP started a thread a few months ago telling us that she won't use Wen anymore.

What might be the reason for letting us know yet again?

Don't take the bait from the multi nic troll.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@nikki48 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I agree it does take quite a bit of water to rinse the WEN out of the hair and my hair is short and fine texture.. I can only imagine what it takes to get that product rinsed out of your hair if it's long, thick and curly. This may be the reason people are experiencing hair loss, because they don't rinse the product out of their hair properly.

I havent found it difficult to rinse out because after applying water and cleansing my scalp and hair, it is well emulsified.

#IAmTeamWen
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even though I no longer use Wen as a shampoo and leave in conditioner , I use what I have left as a facial cleanser and shaving cream for my legs and conditioner for my ends. I would never throw it away, what a waste of $$ that would be. Plus it smells fabulous.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

My memory may not be as good as it used to be, but I swear that the OP started a thread a few months ago telling us that she won't use Wen anymore.

Don't take the bait from the multi nic troll.

Hi, @Chi-town girl. It's just my PSA for the day.  :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 - sure there is - Chaz is here!