Occasional Contributor

Re: I threw out what WEN I had in my Cupboards

I threw mine away as well. My hair loss stopped right away but what I lost never grew back. My daughter's hair loss was more severe and I believe after more than a year hers is thickening up a bit again but not like before Wen.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden honestly I swear by Suave and the cheaper drug store brands. (I hope that doesnt offend anyone) I admit I fell for the WEN craze too but after 4 years my scalp never felt clean, my rather straight oily hair never really clean. I had to wash every day or honestly I looked like I never washed my hair! You can imagine the bottle didnt last long and was not cost savy. I didnt stop using WEN due to any "hair loss scare" but I did notice my hair felt thinner. Maybe it was weighed down by over-conditioning? I stopped using it mainly due to the price and it didnt live up to the claims.....at least for me. I am disabled and frankly do not have the disposable income some are fortunate to have and if I did have it.....I still would be money savy as I dont expect my husband to buy those items for me. I honestly think Suave gets hair, scalp clean and my hair is shiny. My big lesson is that i no longer feel I need to "keep up with latest trends" or become a so called WEN girl. For those that can afford it and love it.......I say go for it and Live and Let Live. If the bottles were still sealed I swear they sell like hot cakes on E-Bay......I sold all of my unopened bottles and re-couped my money. (I know I am a penny pincher but I couldnt afford to throw things away and get this guilt complex LOL) The opened ones I used for shaving as they make an excellent pre-shave for legs, arms etc. (grins)

Esteemed Contributor

WEN GIRL here 9 years and counting and my hair has never been so beautiful.   WEN saved my hair. 

Trusted Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden honestly I swear by Suave and the cheaper drug store brands. (I hope that doesnt offend anyone) I admit I fell for the WEN craze too but after 4 years my scalp never felt clean, my rather straight oily hair never really clean. I had to wash every day or honestly I looked like I never washed my hair! You can imagine the bottle didnt last long and was not cost savy. I didnt stop using WEN due to any "hair loss scare" but I did notice my hair felt thinner. Maybe it was weighed down by over-conditioning? I stopped using it mainly due to the price and it didnt live up to the claims.....at least for me. I am disabled and frankly do not have the disposable income some are fortunate to have and if I did have it.....I still would be money savy as I dont expect my husband to buy those items for me. I honestly think Suave gets hair, scalp clean and my hair is shiny. My big lesson is that i no longer feel I need to "keep up with latest trends" or become a so called WEN girl. For those that can afford it and love it.......I say go for it and Live and Let Live. If the bottles were still sealed I swear they sell like hot cakes on E-Bay......I sold all of my unopened bottles and re-couped my money. (I know I am a penny pincher but I couldnt afford to throw things away and get this guilt complex LOL) The opened ones I used for shaving as they make an excellent pre-shave for legs, arms etc. (grins)

Sorry you didnt enjoy it.

As far as costs, its just like anything else... buy when its at a low cost/ great value and stock up. Never pay full price.... we Wen Girls learned economical Wen shopping.

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

Another WEN GIRL here - I've tried other hair cleansers but nothing compares to WEN.  My curls are healthy and beauiful with no clogged folicles or drains. bald patches or hair falling out.  

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Both myself and my 16 year old daughter experienced hair loss.  And we were using the cleanser properly.  And no, I didn't file a lawsuit.  I probably would have if I wasn't able to re-grow my hair back (same for my daughter).

I kept all of my WEN and use it for shaving and cleaning my face with my Sonicare.  And I still use the replenishing mist (love it) and Chaz's skin cream.

I've since cut all of my long hair off because even though I experienced hair loss, the WEN was the only product that kept my long hair silky smooth and kept my color true for months.  So I definately miss those two positive things.

You should give it a try to see what your experience is.  If we didn't experience hair loss, I would have continued using the cleanser.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Oh absolutely.  WEN was starting to leave a coating on our scalp.  I would actually scrape white buildup from my scalp.

I used the product correctly.  I just think for some people, the product can build up.  Maybe if I gave WEN a break every other week for a couple of days and just used it on my ends it would have made a difference - who knows.  But I believe there are a lot of lawsuits because a lot of people experienced buildup, which clogged hair folicles...which led to hair loss. 

Honored Contributor

imo...if a shampoo or any cleansing product can not be EASILY rinsed from your hair or skin and requires unusually large amounts of water to remove it, then I'm not buying or using it. Just does not make any sense to me at all and a total waste of time.Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips

I'm now using a really good organic shampoo and conditioner called "Acure Organics Shampoo Pure Mint and Echinacea Stem Cell".  Great stuff; no parabens and no issues Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My memory may not be as good as it used to be, but I swear that the OP started a thread a few months ago telling us that she won't use Wen anymore.

What might be the reason for letting us know yet again?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland