Honored Contributor

I threw out what WEN I had in my Cupboards

I had bought quite a bit of WEN a bit ago.... with all the hair loss hype I became afraid to use it anymore. I had several bottles of CC and the spray mist and foam volumizer. I threw them all away.  I do not want to even chance blocking my hair folicles or chance my hair falling out at this point in my life.  Has anyone else decided to stop using WEN with the lawsuit isssue going on?

Honored Contributor

Re: I threw out what WEN I had in my Cupboards

I don't use Wen products. But is that what it does...block follicles?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I still use the scalp oils, they seem to do really good for my scalp, I stopped using WEN as my overall cleanser BUT I do still use a little ONLY ON MY ENDS as a leave in and I do love it for that and it works very well for me.

I have fairly full hair anyways BUT, I stopped using WEN last Dec. on my scalp and my hair is SO much fuller now, I never knew but I really do feel it slowed my thickness, I cant explain it, my crown appeared so much thinner even my hairdressor said so, well its almost all the way back to normal and filled in now, I have never wrote a thread on it or said anything about it becasue I do like WEN as a leave in and LOVE the oils so I never wanted to bash.  So, bottome line, its good for me but only on my ends....

Valued Contributor

I stopped using it on my hair when I noticed that it builds up and makes my scalp feel dirty. I noticed hair loss so I started experimenting to see if the Wen was causing it. I also went to t he doctor to see if it could be hormonal changes. There was some hormonal issues (peri-menopause) that have been corrected with meds. 
I went several months without using Wen at all, no noticable hair loss..then decided to try using it again only as a conditioner after shampooing. I've noticed consistently that when I do this, there is more hair in the drain than when I don't use Wen at all. I don't dye or blow dry my hair anymore, so technically it's all "virgin" hair now and this only seems to happen when I use the Wen.
I don't know if it causes hair loss, but I personally just don't like the build up that it leaves on my hair. I decided that I'll use it as a body conditioner until I run out of it. If it makes body hair fall out, at least I don't have to epilate...lol
I do love the smell of the Lavender one and broke down to buy another bottle for a body conditioner. I noticed recently that it irritates my skin slightly and makes me itch after using it. Since I'm a pretty methodical and "don't jump to conclusions" type, I'm still experimenting with it, as it also happens to be allergy season. 
We'll see how it goes in the winter as a body conditioner, but I don't use it anymore on my hair. I also decided to use the treatment sprays like the "Poo pourri" sprays, rather than throwing them out.
As for the styling creams and hair masques...sadly, they went in the trash.

Trusted Contributor

I can only use it on my ends now. It works better for me as a rinse out conditioner only. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   The scalp does not get clean... and the product coats the scalp not letting the hair folicles breath....  the scalp  needs to get clean.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden,

Yes, I understand. I used to use Ojon poo and I noticed more hair in the drain with it. Also Carol's Daughter Monoi poo...same thing! Both of these poos never got my scalp feeling clean...no wonder.Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Wen!  I had alopecia areata long before I ever heard of Wen, but dermatologists never ask about Wen or any hair products in relation to that.  I last saw the doctor for bald spots in 2010, and there was still no mention of Wen as a potential cause.  Since I started using Wen exclusively last December, my AA has become dormant again.  I've had a few outbreaks, mostly just one small bald spot, in years past.  I would never use Wen if I thought it would cause bald spots because I certainly have had my fill of them.

Esteemed Contributor

Those of you who have stopped using WEN -- what are you using now?  I have been using WEN for several years now.  I like it, but frankly, I really don't want to spend that much money on my hair.  The only other shampoos I have are the little bottles from hotels, and those shampoos and conditioners are just awful.  I use them occasionally to use them up, and then mistakenly think all shampoos are that bad, which I know they are not.

So to save money, I may switch to a store bought shampoo or alternate with Wen every other time.

So what store bought shampoos are good?  One of the reasons I like WEN is that my hair is not a tangled mess after washing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

Shea Terra Organics has wonderful products. Also there is monthly coupons free shipping and no tax for me. My mom and sisters love their products also. This months coupon is 30% off with sept2016. I like their skincare products also. 

Floral Pillow