Respected Contributor

Re: I think this is worth repeating re: It CC in TSV & ingredients

On 3/27/2015 betteb said:
On 3/27/2015 ElsieKitten said:
On 3/27/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Where are the products made? The snail secretions alone would worry me.....

I'm pretty sure the regular CC cream is made in Korea, so I'm assuming this newer version is too.

Each to their own, but the one thing that puts me off IT Cosmetics is that so much of their line is manufactured overseas. I just feel there's enough products made here that I can choose from. But that's me.

Korean skin care products are very good quality and highly regarded in the industry.

Exactly, and their government regulates and enforces standards.
Honored Contributor

And that's all I care about. No reason to expect other countries to buy from us if we don't buy from them.
Regular Contributor

yuk.

Esteemed Contributor

We probably take in worse in our air and food....Korean products are excellent and good quality...just look at any Korean woman's skin
Contributor

On 3/27/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I'd rather use snail secretions than placenta, which has been in some hair products for years. This just isn't a big deal to me.

I'd rather use snail on my face than eat lil fish eggs called clavier lol

Valued Contributor

I used Korean skin care with snail starting two years ago after research. No snails are harmed in the process. Their gel is collected without hurting them. There's lots on the internet, including how the benefits of snail were recognized in Greek times

http://www.thedermreview.com/snail-cream/

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/snail-slime-sliding-skin-care-products/story?id=26268806

By the way, some cultures find it disgusting that we drink milk.

Contributor

the good out weighs the bad

Respected Contributor

BTW, the one time only is the eye shadow with the better brush..same one with the TSV and the mascara that I like a lot.

I already have a disc that I haven't used and the jumbo compact so I skipped the TSV.

When Jaime had her promo last month, I purchased the eye shadow, sans the brush and three lip glosses that I like for $39.00. If I hadn't purchased the eye shadows I would have jumped on the OTO.

Enjoy everyone.

Frequent Contributor

Korean beauty products actually have a reputation for being very good, high quality products. I wouldn't have any issues with or hesitation in purchasing them for myself. My issue with the cc cream was I wasn't sure what shade I was and I thought based on all the reviews I read/saw I didn't think it would be a good color match for me and I didn't feel like going out to Ulta to do swatches.

Trusted Contributor

Just an observation but...there is a reason snails/slugs stay fully hydrated without their shells. I'm not an expert in biology as my expertise is chemistry/biochemistry (PhD), but I've learned not to discount an ingredient because of its source unless I fully understand how it is processed and how much impurity may/may not remain.