Trusted Contributor

Re: I think Serious Skincare is going

It's a shame SSC couldn't make their way back to HSN.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Wiskota wrote:

Not sure who you are talking about.  Jenifer Stallone is the owner of SSC - are you thinking of Demitri James with Skinn?

Definitely sounds like she is thinking of Dimitri, not Jennifer. 

You are correct Jennifer Flavin-Stallone is the creator of Serious Skin Care.  She sold her products for many years in HSN. The company was founded two decades ago.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Wiskota wrote:

Not sure who you are talking about.  Jenifer Stallone is the owner of SSC - are you thinking of Demitri James with Skinn?

You are correct Jennifer Flavin-Stallone is the creator of Serious Skin Care.  She sold her products for many years in HSN. The company was founded two decades ago.

Jennifer Stallone is not the creator.  Serious Skin Care was created by an aesthetician named Lesa Stock.  Cece, who appears with Jennifer, is Lesa’s daughter and whom the line was originally created for in order to treat her acneic skin.  Jennifer als had acne and was one of Lesa’s clients way back when.   

Honored Contributor

Are we sure that SSC wont be on at al lthis month on SHQ???

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Wiskota wrote:

My apology I did indeed confuse the two lines. Regardless neither will receive my money. Ive used Oil of Olay for decades. I also buy some items from Marilyn Miglin. I feel it is important to support older women in the cosmetics business.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Wiskota wrote:

My apology I did indeed confuse the two lines. Regardless neither will receive my money. Ive used Oil of Olay for decades. I also buy some items from Marilyn Miglin. I feel it is important to support older women in the cosmetics business.

Do you also buy from Adrienne with Signature Club A, another older woman we can support for still working hard, also Eliz Grant who is in her late 90's. And let us not forget Tova, still love her. 

Trusted Contributor

I went to the their web site and did not see any good deals other than 99 cent shipping.

I am wondering if they are having shipping/ manufacturing issues from Covid due to their location or issues from fire damage?

Has anyone checked for updates on Facebook?  (I'm not on Facebook.)

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

I went to the their web site and did not see any good deals other than 99 cent shipping.

I am wondering if they are having shipping/ manufacturing issues from Covid due to their location or issues from fire damage?

Their sale site is different.  Did you go to Serious direct? 

Trusted Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

Their sale site is different.  Did you go to Serious direct? 

@BdBettyB  Thank you.  I did not realize that there was another site.

Do the math.
Frequent Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, I remember Lesa Stock, but really don't know why she had to stop representing her own brand. I read that sued because the product wasn't as effective as Lesa said, but I really don't know if that's true.

I remember "treating myself" to my first SSC product when I was just staring to work. It was a product called Phase Out that I hoped would get rid of my life long under eye circles.