Honored Contributor

Re: I think QVC's beauty buyers need replaced because

I was pleasantly surprised when Urban Decay came on board.  I agree I would like to see more makeup lines being offered at the Q.  Urban Decay was a step in the right direction - imo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal I agree. I hadn’t heard of Urban Decay ( well, more like didn’t pay any attention to it), until it came to QVC. NOW I’m a fan! Same goes for Too Faced. I’ve been a long-time shopper at Sephora, but I’ve always stuck with the brands I know & love, such as Benefit. I’m glad to see they're at QVC, too. I just hope we start to see some more specials, like TSVs, Q2 or BIQ specials.

P.S. Thanks for the support earlier this morning. I wasn’t going to waste my time responding back to her.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

not every company wants to play ball with QVC. 

@Sunnycorle  well said and something that I didnt think of.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Regular Contributor

I think we've been overexposed to the same old lines and we're bored.

I don't see any host on the Q as a real beauty expert. JMO, but they're either so over made-up or sporting some kind of a rather weird hairstye that it detracts from the presentations. PS, I really don't care that my makeup smells like chocolate either.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I have never heard of Sunday Riley or Drunk Elephant.

Both sold at Sephora. Sunday Riley had a scandal a few months ago about people posting bogus reviews. Both lines are rather pricey.

Super Contributor

They deserve to lose sales for their utter lack of effort in this dept. I applaud the lack of brains myself, our wallets need the this much need prolonged rest.

Super Contributor

millieshops: Bring in new customers? That's what you want when you are selling. New customers. As you mentioned, you know what brands you want & don't need to watch.

PEOPLE SAY THE DARNDEST THING????????????WHAAAAT?????

Valued Contributor

yes, it is the same 4 or 5 beauty brands on air, in heavy rotation, even though they carry other brands like l'occitane and elemis.

what's the point in bringing in more/new brands if they aren't marketing/promoting all of the current brands that they have available? and yes, the buying group needs a shakeup. "they" (so called business experts, not qvc people) say that from time to time it's good to do that, to have a fresh set of eyes on things.

one reason is to bring in products and brands that are of interest to millennials. as that seems to be the current group that most businesses are going after.

i don't think innovation or creativity is what drives the new product decision making process, nor does what's trending this year (aka a fad).

at this point, i don't consider social media innovative or creative.

it seems like they prefer to air what has proven to sell. from a $$ viewpoint, there is nothing wrong with that. i guess if they are achieving their goal in terms of getting brand new customers, they have new audiences to show the same products to.

i also suspect that they have metrics that say on average, their customers remain active or very active for x amount of time, then they reduce their buying. or x percent of people only purchase 1 or 2 brands.

my guess is that they have approached or considered a lot of other brands, but some brands weren't all that interested or could not meet/produce the product in the quantity that qvc wants/needs.

they did not become the 3rd largest e-tailer (is that the right word?) by acting on a whim.

Honored Contributor

We don't get Beauty IQ and most likely, I wouldn't watch.

I used to buy Philosphy many years ago when Christina was owner & products were good.  Plus, TSV and package deals were good. (Same with IT cosmetics).  If I recall, for many years these products were exclusive to Q.

Now, I don't shop on QVC for something I can go to Ulta, Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, etc. who carry the item at same price with no shipping & handling.  Plus, no return fees if doesn't agree with my skin, etc.  

I've had to return cosmetics to Q and never had return shipping costs waived☹️

Respected Contributor

It's even more apparent with the Tarte tsv , that looks like it is circa 2017 , really this is old products , most tsv's usually have  1  new product to entice us , i don't even think the rainforest foundation was ever that popular , let alone that good , This will probably the only Tarte TSV for the year and it is a lemon , who is in charge of beauty now ?