Honored Contributor

I think I've discovered the reason for my philosophy shower gel addiction...

Be warned: This gets weird. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

So... I met up with a friend, her husband, and their granddaughter at the BioPark in ABQ this morning. An unusually beautiful day.

At the last minute I decided to transfer some philosophy shower gels into smaller travel-sized bottles so the granddaughter -- a toddler -- would have fun scents to wash her hands with starting on this beautiful first day of summer.

I picked four: pink frosted layer cake, rainbow sherbet, bananas foster, beach girl.

When I got home I e-mailed my friend and told her that I'd lingered at the park for a couple hours after they'd left and had the best time. She told me that the toddler was thrilled with her new soap and would probably call me "Bubbles" from now on.

Fine, I told her, because my first beloved toy when I was that age (even younger) was a large stuffed fish of many colors named Bubbles. Loved that toy.

But here's the BIG irony:

At the very moment she'd e-mailed me to tell me that I would now be known as Bubbles, I was on a website -- just checking to see if this place still existed after thirty-odd years -- and it's the site of a store I practically lived in when I was in college.

And then it clicked. All the different shower gel scents -- and their original bottles were the same shape as philosophy's bottles. The name of the shop that exists after all these years? These decades?

BUBBLES!

http://www.bubbles-arcata.com/index.php

Mystery solved.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~