Regular Contributor

I think I have purchase to many wen products and im confusing myself

So many cleansers and oils and realist and spray mist now glossing. I don't think I can use them all at once. I think I'm confusing myself on what to do with it all. I was doing leave in plus styling cream plus a few drops of oil now I have the serum so if I add that also wow that's a lot plus the replenishing spray for inbetween but I also have finishing cream for that plus serum. Long ago they used to say Wen was supposed to replace all these things Smiley Happy I'll figure it out eventually . I just want it all then think I have more items than one can use at one time
Trusted Contributor

Re: I think I have purchase to many wen products and im confusing myself

First, Wen CC is only designed to replace the stuff IN your shower, shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, shaving cream (I might be leaving something out, lol).

Second, remember that Chaz is a wonderful salesperson!! He wants us to buy his products (shocking, right?!?!) He's in business to make money, and rightfully so. Just because he offers a product, doesn't mean that we necessarily need it. (I have to remind myself of this. All. Of. The. Time.) He's created a great line with lots of options, now you get to play around and see what works best for you.

When I first started, I only used the CC. After about a year, I added in the styling cream, then the oils. I also have the Volumizing Treatment Spray and mousse. I have the Glossing Serum and Finishing Treatment Cream, but I never use them.

Generally, (1) apply your leave in to soaking wet hair (2) apply your styling cream directly after this. You can mix in your oils or VTS to this step, if you'd like. (3) you can then apply the Glossing Serum.

I don't care for the Glossing Serum, but I think that it and the styling cream are pretty similar. They both provide heat protection, so maybe you don't need to use both at the same time. Try using them interchangeably so you can determine what works best for you.

During a recent demo, Chaz said to apply styling products in order from the thickest consistency to the thinnest. So, if you have the mousse, that would be your last step.

Remember, it's hair care, not rocket science.......so don't make it more complicated than it needs to be :-) Since you have several different products, experiment with different combinations and find what works best for you!

Respected Contributor

I haven't purchased all of the Wen products available and don't feel like I am missing anything. I use the styling cream, revitalizing mist, finishing treatment cream and oils. I have never used any of the other styling products but want to try the SHP mousse but I am not sure that I really need it. I do have the remoist but this is an intensive conditioner and I don't really consider it a styling product. Before Wen, I did use mousse but haven't been recently and not sure that I really need it. Not sure what to recommend to replace hairspray since I never really used a lot of hairspray. I used most of my non Wen styling products while using Wen but won't buy them again. The only product that I still use since I still have some left is Nexxus leave in conditioning foam. It is a terrific product and I still have good results when using with Wen.

Frequent Contributor

Like DoxieMomma said, you don't need ALL of that. People use all sorts products because they have different hair.

I use the replenishing treatment mist on the days I don't wash my hair. I apply the oil to the ends of my hair maybe once a week.I use the glossing serum after a shower on my wet hair. I've been out of styling creme for some time now, but my hair is fine without it since I have the glossing serum. I'd like to try the mousse, and I think that would work well for my hair.

I would probably do fine without everything else. Pre-WEN, I pretty much used all of the above but with different brands plus a deep conditioner AND protein conditioning treatments at a salon. Even so, I couldn't get the results I could with WEN. It's kinda cool and rare to find a brand that has everything you need that all works together nicely.

Regular Contributor

Yes I definitly get caught up In the hype thinking Well my hair will be even better if I also but this ! I heard him say leave the serum in shower also so I I guess I'll try it mixed with cc and styling and maybe leave out the drops of oil. I also bought the brushes I haven't tried yet !
Trusted Contributor

On 6/13/2014 mom4321 said: Yes I definitly get caught up In the hype thinking Well my hair will be even better if I also but this ! I heard him say leave the serum in shower also so I I guess I'll try it mixed with cc and styling and maybe leave out the drops of oil. I also bought the brushes I haven't tried yet !

Well, the brushes are AWESOME, so you need to get-to-tryin-'em. Like right away. I have a set in medium and am considering ordering another, they are the only round brushes that I've ever been able to use without the dreaded "rat's nest" result, lol.

My advice on the products: only change one product in your routine at a time, that way, you can easily figure out what works best. For instance, use the same CC for several cleansings, but switch up your styling products until you figure out what works best for you.

Also, for me personally, I use slightly different amounts of products, depending on whether I'm air drying or blow drying. I'll use one pump of styling cream if I'm blow drying, but two if I'm air drying.

Super Contributor

I know how you feel - lol. So many pretties - now what? The only necessary products for healthy hair are the conditioning cleansers and the styling crème. Some replace the styling crème with the glossing serum, they are both heat protectants - it's whichever works best for your hair. If you use the glossing serum, you probably don't need the oil. The finishing cream is to use mostly on dry hair to smooth your hair if the weather is causing it to frizz or you want it straight and shiny. I really don't use the finishing cream on my hair - it was great as a heavy moisturizer on my heels in the winter.

The replenishment treatment mist can be used on second day hair, on your face and body as a light moisturizer.

The oil is also good as a scalp treatment - massage it on your scalp and leave it on a few hours or overnight, then cleanse it out.

You're not alone - I have everything you've listed and then some. Just have fun trying the styling products one at a time to find out which ones your hair likes, then if your hair doesn't like that product, there's always an alternate "out of the box" use for any WEN product.

Honored Contributor

why don't you try only a thing or two at a time rather than buying everything at once? I always tell people for skincare and haircare, only add one new thing in at a time so you can tell what works and doesn't work. Don't get caught up in a buying frenzy- the products will still be there later on and available in OTO or TSVs at some point so you can always save money there when you want to try something new.

Regular Contributor

That's interesting you say you use more product If air drying and less in blow drying. I would have thought the opposite thinking I needed more with the heat. So much to learn !
Valued Contributor

I have pretty much everything but the vtm. I use my cc, oils, rtm and GS the most. I have the mousse and sc but I prefer the GS over the sc so I rarely use it. If I had it to do over I would have trusted my instincts and skipped the sc but on the other hand I do use it occasionally.