Valued Contributor

Re: I received the nicest complement yesterday on my skin!

No one compliments my skin, much less the doctor or dentist, so I doubt it was insincere.  My skin isn't horrible, but I've always had a tendency for it to break out, and I have a few broken blood vessels that I cover up with make-up.  They're not huge, but are visible with no make-up.  I've had them treated with the electric needle and laser at least twice, but they always come back within a month, so I don't do that anymore.

I could talk all day about skin care because I'm always trying to improve mine.  I got the Serious Skincare TS with the three large bottles of glycolic cleanser this week.  The first time I used it, my skin looked a bit more evenly colored.  I haven't used this in years, but it is the best cleanser ever made.  It cleared up my skin when I was in my 30s after having break-outs since 13 and trying everything.  I never had severe acne, but my skin was never perfect.  I'm thrilled to have my glycolic cleanser again.  My skin looks better after only two days!  Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about these things with your wonderful skin, SeaMaiden?  Oh, well.

Respected Contributor

I had surgery on Monday. While the nurses were getting me ready the OR nurse came and looked at my paper work and said she doesn’t look like she is in her 7 ties. I was very nervous but it put a smile on my face.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden, enjoy those compliments. We are always much harder on ourselves than we should be. I worked in healthcare for many years so I had very close contact to our patients. Believe me I would never go out in public the way some people came to our facility. Basic cleanliness doesn't take much effort but some people looked like they rolled in from a wild overnight binge. Whatever you are doing just keep doing it and be proud of yourself.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I was laid back in the chair.... having my cataract surgery done and a new lens put in..... my face was bare skin, no makeup at all... half of my face numb... etc....  I would say I was at my most bare naked moment.....

The cataract surgeon was working on my eye doing whatever he does.... and said to the helping nurses helping him  how beautiful my skin was and wondered what I did to keep it so beautiful! He asked me to tell him....  could have just been small talk....

My Dentist said the same thing to me on a visit.   I never wear makeup when I go to the Dentist for cleanings or work... he wanted to know what my secret was for good skin.  Not the first time I have received complements on my skin as I do hear often  what pretty skin I have(  at  62 with  no "work" done, just  taking good care of my skin)

I do not know if this is something  doctors and dentists say to everyone just to be nice? Oh well,  even it it is that, it made me feel good for the rest of the day and grateful too. 

I am rather hard on myself  most days  for not feeling I look good enough. Always have been that way. When I hear complements, I have a hard time seeing what they person is seeing because I am very critical of myself.   I am someone who is a perfectionist of sorts... and of course getting older makes it harder to like what one sees in the mirror.   I need  to work on just loving me for me... and not just looking for faults.

@SeaMaiden  There are so many things to talk about to pass the time during dental work and medical procedures...the weather, sports, a funny story they heard. I doubt they’d bring up your beautiful skin unless it stuck them enough to mention it. Congrats to you for great skincare/genes. 

Yep, learn to love what’s positive about you and love yourself. It does show on the outside.

Super Contributor

So then what is your skincare regimen? That is what we want to here . Learning is what is important here not that you got compliments. 

Valued Contributor

My dentist and I compare our QVC purchases!

She shops as much as I do.

Respected Contributor

@beauty0125wrote:

So then what is your skincare regimen? That is what we want to here . Learning is what is important here not that you got compliments. 

@beauty0125   I would love to know too, but unlike you, I am thrilled to hear that one of our fellow beauty lovers got nice compliments.  That makes me smile.