Esteemed Contributor

Re: I really dislike the "new" message board format...

I disagree with the comments about the "improved civility" and rudeness being banned.  Political bashing and rudeness still exist here.  Interesting how some get away with it while others can't.  Simply stating that you don't agree with the OP can result in a massive pile on.  You're "rude" simply because you disagree and say so in a civilized manner.  You're the "rude" one, yet others can ridicule you as much as they want because you dared to think differently.   Some of the mods'/QVC's greatest cheerleaders make the Community a less enjoyable place. It's almost living in a Stepford Wife cyber community at times.  That, along with the site not being user friendly (bouncing bouncing bouncing) makes me want to come here less.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022  I don't know if you will get this message, I just stumbled "back" upon yours.  The BE subcategory is in the "My Favorite Brand" now and here is a LINK:

HTH  and have a great day!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @LTT1.  I figured that out after posting (duh!) and have now been on here so much more than I was a few weeks ago.  I wanted to chat about a new Bare Minerals kit and now I'm doing so on the BE sub forum.  Still don't love this new layout, but the subcategories are a HUGE help!  

Regular Contributor

I feel the same way. I've been avoiding the forums for a while now. Guess I need to get over it and get used to it!

Super Contributor

I use to come here a lot for suggestions about QVC products and now this site is so hard to use. I still have to scroll and scroll to find my answers, not like it was before when you could just go to "your activity".....

Honored Contributor

I don't like the new message boards either.  I usually get used to new things after a few days.  This...not so much.  There is little traffic on these boards anymore so obviously others feel the same way.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

There's still PLENTY of rudeness here. I don't see a big difference between the previous and present poofages

ita

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Re: I really dislike the "new" message board .........

Trusted Contributor

@CAshopper2011 wrote:

Thanks @LTT1.  I figured that out after posting (duh!) and have now been on here so much more than I was a few weeks ago.  I wanted to chat about a new Bare Minerals kit and now I'm doing so on the BE sub forum.  Still don't love this new layout, but the subcategories are a HUGE help!  

I think I still have a beef about the layout though.  The subcategories used to be under the main category.  So if you wanted to read about jewelry, you might also see a thread or two about Carolyn pollack and Judith Ripka as well as "all" jewlelry.  Now the brands are segregated into their own area and get a lot less attention.  Like the Bare Minwrals topics that no longer show up in the main Beauty section.  You need to physically choose to read about BM, or WEN, or Philosophy rather than seeing all of these topics together AND having the option to filter them out. 

It it isn't the end of the world, I could care less, but you think you'd want as many people as possible discussing these brands.  There is a new BM TSV coming out next month and has been some discussion in the BM forum, but if the thread was ALSO in the main beauty thread, some people who might be curious about the brand (but don't frequent the BM forum) would also get the bug and want to try it.... Anywhay, it just isn't my favorite forum, seems to be slow moving compared to the old forum, but it works.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 

ita

Whereas I used to see discussions that "piqued my interest" because they were in a category I hadn't particularly chosen, I would go and check it out.

Now, it just doesn't seem worth the additional time and effort... 

If a person (me) likes "windowshopping" they wouldn't have very much fun doing that using this new format.

I do impulse buy... and so I have saved money, that's for sure!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~