Honored Contributor

Re: I really dislike the "new" message board format...

This "new board" has been up and running for a few months, so your choices are get used to it or do not post.

I hate that I can not find my history and that we are so highly moderated, other than that it is what it is, a chat board for a TV shopping network, nothing more nothing less.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I briefly tried HSN's forum once or twice a long time ago. 

It was not user friendly in format. And I don't shop there.

To me, it felt like they were trying to be "shady."  This is a wrong assumption, I guess. But still unsettling.

ETA Perhaps Q customers might think this, especially if they are new?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

This "new board" has been up and running for a few months, so your choices are get used to it or do not post.

I hate that I can not find my history and that we are so highly moderated, other than that it is what it is, a chat board for a TV shopping network, nothing more nothing less.

@I am still oxox

Well said.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@patheticcosmetics If you go into your settings, you can change the order to "newest first" FYI

Thank you lovestoteach.

Path

Regular Contributor

I strongly agree.

In fact, this is my first post since then.

I very rarely come here. Which I guess is a good thing, becomes sometimes it just encouraged me to spend more!

Anyway, I find it very "busy" looking, confusing, and not user friendly.

Trusted Contributor

@Colonel Meow wrote:

KateChopin - I'm right there with you! I quite simply cannot stand the new format.

I didn't post at all for the first couple of months, but have recently been forcing myself to start participating again. I used to really enjoy being an active member of this forum. My dissatisfaction with the changes has nothing to do with the increased moderation, but everything to do with the actual features of this (once) easily-navigable board.

Although others on this thread have detailed the various formatting issues, I haven't yet read any that touched upon the jarring amount of "white space" that now dominates the page design. Am I the only one who notices (and struggles with) the overwhelming amount of unbroken white on the new boards? This is just a basic design flaw.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was all in when it changed,  as I didn't have much choice if I was going to participate.

I just can't get over the bore of all this grey and white...just way to much wasted white space..I pop back in once in a while to see if things are looking any different.

I do miss the last format...and don't even shop often anymore due to less impulse buying from less interacting on the boards.. oh well I'm sure my lack of purchasing is not effecting them !!  

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree. I hate that I have to sign in every time!

You can't easily find your previous posts.

Where are the sub categories under beauty?

One of my posts was deleted by the webbie because it was about Saks having an online sale. Webbie said it was deleted because it was about a competitor or products they didn't carry. I found that ironic because people talk on these boards all the time about products that QVC doesn't carry.

The emjoli icons aren't the same cute choices we had previously - a lot of them are missing too.

Give me more time & I'll think of something more to complain about! Smiley LOL

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

It's kinda sad...seems like alot of informative people left.   I used to ask a question, and many, many good replies would flood in.   Now, it's just a few.

Also, I see what some are saying about not being able to give an honest opinion, if  it's not a positive one.   I also am hesitant to complain about something that I didn't like, or just offer my opinion on a bad presentation that I may have found un-informative.   I think it's gone a bit overboard interpreted as rude, or bashing.    Oh well..guess we'll have to wait and see if this forum continues.   Maybe they'll update it AGAIN!!:Smiley Very Happy  

Trusted Contributor

The only thing I like on the new boards that weren't on the old are the little hearts.  I'm neutral about the moderators. 

I dislike the format, which I find difficult to use and uncomfortable to read.  I dislike that Q changed my join date, erased most of my post count, and deleted an enormous number of old threads.

I can tell by the way the topics on the boards are much slower to move off the list of initially viewed topics that participation has dropped off.  I'm splitting my time between this and another forum now.

Do the math.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have given myself time to settle in and like the look of the board. I still don't. I agree the colors are drab and not inviting. Navigating around is something I'm not willing to invest time in learning. So, I'm basic and minimal in use. I feel sad that there are fewer postings now, as I use to enjoy reading the posts, especially on new and beloved products. I realize life is easier for me when I have no preferences, 😄 but I would be ever so pleased if QVC would ponder what is being posted on this subject.