Honored Contributor

I never thouht I would say this but, Shawn, you look better in a nude lip

I was one of those posters who thought she should wear color on her lips.  Well, I changed my mind.  With the heavier eye makeup and starkly contrasted hair, the darker lip looks harsh. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: I never thouht I would say this but, Shawn, you look better in a nude lip

Agreed.  I've never said anything derrogatory about her or other hosts in the past, but this comment I must concur with.  I'm not even sure if it's because of the heavy eye that's making it look unflattering - just think a nude or softer lip suits her better. Just my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I was one of those posters who thought she should wear color on her lips.  Well, I changed my mind.  With the heavier eye makeup and starkly contrasted hair, the darker lip looks harsh. 

@depglass Ya know I thought same thing - and thought it  a few times she wore deeper color on her lips -  a little less color on lips to balance out the heavy eyemakeup would make her look so nice IMHO, she's a pretty woman.

There are many a nice in-between shades. She's one of my fave hosts on Q.

I didnt catch her show but last night maybe she applied a color a vendor was selling? bet she did - seems she does that after being asked a few times!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm in the minority because I thought she looked great with the darker lipstick.  It gave her lips definition and Ithought did the opposite by balancing the make up she has on her eyes with beautiful lip definition.  I really like it.....  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Perhaps Shawn should lighten up on the eye makeup to balance the bolder lip.

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

Perhaps Shawn should lighten up on the eye makeup to balance the bolder lip.

I couldn't agree more.  The Goth look is for a younger crowd, not for Shawn.

Honored Contributor

I think Shawn is very cute.  I just don't like the "newer" punk-type look.  I remember when she first started on QVC.  Her hair was absolutely adorable, and it didnt' have that skunk-like look, it wasn't so chopped and her makeup wasn't so severe.  I used to think she was one of the most attractive hosts on QVC.

I think she's gotten too much of a "goth" look to her now, and I'm not a fan of her hairstyle.  But, all that matters is that she likes it.  She has a very cute figure.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Shawn is my favorite host and I always like her choice of the softer lip color.  I never thought she should go darker or brighter.  Especially now that I see it on her (along with the heavier makeup), I still stand my ground with the nude, lighter colors.  I liked her clothing choices in her earlier days.  She has a harsher look now.  But it's her look and her choice.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Poor woman can't win.

Respected Contributor

Really can't watch her.  Weird clothes, and presentation.  Just want to hear what the vendor has to say about his/her products!!   I don't need a whole celebrity act.