Respected Contributor

I need your opinions and/or recs for permanent hair removal devices

I really want to buy a device for permanent hair removal, but I need advice, opinions and recommendations. TIA

Contributor

Re: I need your opinions and/or recs for permanent hair removal devices

Emjoi epilator. Have used emjoi epilators for 10 yrs when they were more painful but there's nothing but laser and that's not good for blondes. I bought my newest one on QVC because it's amazing! Double heads and it takes seconds. Also has a sensitivity cap. I don't have much left on my legs but touch up my peach fuzz face about once a month. It blew me away because I had no idea they had developed the double heads. Blows the single one out of the water. It's not pleasant but it's effective and a few minutes a month is nothing. After a while the bite goes away because the roots are so weak. I don't have any hair barely under my arms or bikini line. It was the only effective and cost effective solution for me. But you don't get stubble in your face just fyi. Just softer fuzz coming back. Good luck!
Respected Contributor

@GeorgiaJack wrote:
Emjoi epilator. Have used emjoi epilators for 10 yrs when they were more painful but there's nothing but laser and that's not good for blondes. I bought my newest one on QVC because it's amazing! Double heads and it takes seconds. Also has a sensitivity cap. I don't have much left on my legs but touch up my peach fuzz face about once a month. It blew me away because I had no idea they had developed the double heads. Blows the single one out of the water. It's not pleasant but it's effective and a few minutes a month is nothing. After a while the bite goes away because the roots are so weak. I don't have any hair barely under my arms or bikini line. It was the only effective and cost effective solution for me. But you don't get stubble in your face just fyi. Just softer fuzz coming back. Good luck!

I, too, have the Emjoi epilator with the double heads (the small plug in one) and I love it. You get used to the sting. You must hold your skin taut and tie your hair back.  I went to use it today after realizing I hadn't done it in quite a while and when I looked in my 10x mirror I realized I didn't need to use it - no hair growth yet. After using it for as long as I have been I think the hair just doesn't grow back - yippee!

Regular Contributor

I'm very interested in this, as my peach fuzz, and other thicker hairs sprouting out all the time on my face, is very, very light colored, or white.

Can one of you give me the item number of the electric double edge model?

I used electrolysis years back.  I'm not too worried about the peach fuzz, but the longer hairs.