Occasional Contributor

I need waterproof eye makeup and mascara!

My daughter is getting married and I know I'm going to cry at the wedding.  Can anyone tell me what is the best eye makeup and mascara to wear?  

Respected Contributor

Re: I need waterproof eye makeup and mascara!

I'm a big fan of Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Cream Shadow and Dior Show waterproof mascara. The shadow stays on very nicely. I even use it as a base/primer when I'm wearing a powdered shadow. The mascara doesn't come off without make-up remover. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@snebster. Congrats on the marriage of your daughter. Take a little concealer in your bag to touch up your red nose...

Honored Contributor

Congrats!

Image result for whimsical brides and grooms

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!  I'll try it!!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you!  I didn't even think of that.  I will.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you : )

Honored Contributor

I am telling you I swear by Maybelline Waterproof mascara and IT waterproof eye liner.

When my husband died, I would boo hoo anywhere anytime.  At no time did the mascara go down my cheeks.  It is amazing.  I've worn it since the 60's.  I get a lot of compliments on my mascara.

Super Contributor

Congrats to your daughter!  And you're gaining a new son!   I agree that the Maybelline waterproof is terrific.  Any of them; I've used so many and love them all from that line!  Better than high end in my opinion.  For budgeproof eyeliner, there are many, but the new Luster Eyes liquid liner from LG is so budge proof i have to use a q-tip drenched in clinique take the day off or bifacil.  It's very stubborn eyeliner.

Super Contributor

PS I don't mean stubborn in a bad way;  I think it looks stunning on the eyes, just takes a little extra time to remove is all.  Good eye makeup remover does a great job, but this liner doesn't come off in one swipe.  I have not lost any eyelashes from this and I don't have to scrub, but it does take a few minutes. One of the selling points is 24 hr wear and I believe it!