Esteemed Contributor

Re: I need to use up my stash!

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover 

I just threw away eye liners like you wouldn't believe!  (Maybe you would!)

But I know why I bought them. Because I was searching for something better. And now I've got my favorites.

I try to keep backups in skin care things (not always.) All the better if I can get a sale price.

If using any kind of on-line shopping, you have to adjust to the time it takes for your replacement to arrive.

Sometimes there really is a method to the madness!

Honored Contributor

I been going thru all my stuff too and have tossed ALOT, but still have alot more to go thru--both makeup and body stuff---have stopped buying anything but my regular things I use ----

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy 

My weaknesses are lip gloss, blush, lashes and perfume and I might as well admit to bronzer.

Honored Contributor

I only have one of everything I need at home and replace when needed.  My stash of everything is here at my office which I had to use all this morning to get ready since electricity went out at home at midnight last night due to storms here in East Texas. 

This mini curling iron and other hair accessories as been in my desk for 25 years, thank goodness.  I do need to replace the mini pump hairspray bottle though.  It would no longer pump this morning.   I replace the back up makeup here when it gets to yucky.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

OP:  I could have written your post!  I too have to stop buying larger items.  I get so tired of them.  I also have to much of everything.   Self help group needed for sure.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

East Texas!!!  That's where I am Smiley Happy  I'm 65 miles east of Dallas on Hwy 80.  We shop, eat and hubby works in Tyler.

Respected Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  I would not necessarily say that you have a problem. When it comes to lipsticks and lip glosses, I have found that it is smart to have backup , if you love a certain color. That color could be discontinued at any time.

Make up colors, especially lip colors are constantly being discontinued and new colors promoted. Even when I sold Avon

products, back in the 60's, that was the largest complaint. A customer would have a favorite lipstick and it would be discontinued.

I have backup for a Buxom lipgloss that I love and for Revlon lipstick colors that I love.

I have had favorite fragrances discontinued also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@beckyb1012 

East Texas!!!  That's where I am Smiley Happy  I'm 65 miles east of Dallas on Hwy 80.  We shop, eat and hubby works in Tyler.

I do adore  that city!!  Lots of births there in my family!!

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

...and my daughter was born there.  I was in the Christus hospital 3 weeks ago having total knee replacement.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beckyb1012 

...and my daughter was born there.  I was in the Christus hospital 3 weeks ago having total knee replacement.

I hope it is better.  I am going to Ross Breast Center Thurs. for the joy of that dept.