Honored Contributor

I need to know about IT cosmetic foundation

[ Edited ]

I would like to switch my loose mineral powder to a new foundation. I was thinking of IT cosmetic foundation.  I just need to find out the main ingredients in the IT foundation.  I can not use dimethicone laced products.  I break out.  

I would like to switch foundation but most items I would like to try has just to many ingredients that would cause me break out.

thanks for all your help.

Contributor

Re: I need to know about IT cosmetic foundation

Hi!

I am 49 longtime IT user, even had an IT makeover by an IT pro.  I like the IT CC cream alot.  Dont get anything that says glowing (ie, greasy).   But.....since the were sold to Loreal  I am irritated and hesitant on quality.  So I tried Urban Decay all nighter, its new.  Love it.  I have sensitive, pore riddled skin and I looked so young and matte!

What I would recommend is going to your local Ulta store and either yourself or ask the sales girls for help and you can try all the testers.  I just grab some, plunk myself in a chair by their mirrors and try away.  

I would give IT CC cream an A- and Urban Decay an A. 

I do not see the ingrediant you listed on my CC IT tube.

Regular Contributor

I don't see it in the Celebration foundation ingredients list, so you might be okay.  Main ingredients listed are mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, lauroyl lysine, zinc stearate, ethylexyl palmitate, silica, and a host of fruit/plant extracts, etc.

Honored Contributor

I second what Deeeeeeee says; go to Ulta and try them out. The only products I can use are the original Bye Bye Undereye concealer and the new CC Cushion foundation; everything else is too heavy, too chalky, too disco ball like AND too dark. Since Ulta doesn't do samples, they saw me return a boat-load of products when I was trying to find a foundation and powder. The Cushion foundation I found via a QVC TSV.  Good luck!!

Super Contributor

I am very happy with Celebration Foundation, using the original as well as the SPF 50 versions. I tested the illumination at Ulta but found it too "shiny" for me. I have no skin issues from these products and tend to have oiler skin, VERY happy. I switched from Laura Geller Baked, and prior to that was an original BE foundation devotee. Worth a try!

Esteemed Contributor

They need more colors but the CC cream with spf 50 does protect my skin.  I never get any kind of sunburn when I use that and I use glycolic products which make you sun sensitive. 

Contributor

L'Oreal owns Urban Decay.

Respected Contributor

Some break out from the ingredient Bismuth (not sure on spelling) seems I break out from it too. Anyway...I don't like powder foundations...just very unnatural looking. I have It C foundation spf 50...I only use it for a day on the boat or beach because of its heavy coverage and high spf. I use the lightest shade..think it's fair. Very little applied is best as this can give a masky look...it's thick. The finish is nice though..a bit of a sheen...again if you go easy. Personally I don't need or alot of foundation so I I prefer tinted moisturizers with a an spf. I just started using Lancome Renergie foundation in C110...and Wow..really nice natural look..luminous skin..spf 20. Maybe you can get some samples and see what works best for you..HTH
Super Contributor

When I want to try a new makeup without spending $40 on something I may not care for, I go to eBay. You can ALWAYS find it cheaper there. I've saved myself a lot of money that way. 

Granted, you can return cosmetics to QVC within 30 days. But with Q's round trip shipping costs, you can spend the same amount you'd spend on shipping by buying it on eBay; AND you get to keep it.

Trusted Contributor

@PATTY wrote:

L'Oreal owns Urban Decay.

Thanks!  I was surprised to find out that they owned Georgia Armani, Skin Ceuticals, Kiehls, YSL and Clairisonic, among many others, but did not know about UD.