Regular Contributor

I need suggestions for a highly moisturizing eye cream that wont interfer with makeup application+++

My eye area is getting so dry and my regular moisturizer isn't cutting it anymore. Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: I need suggestions for a highly moisturizing eye cream that wont interfer with makeup application+++

Use whatever eye cream you like. I use Cerave's. It is at most stores/pharmacies. I get mine from WalGreens when they have their Cerave on BOGO 50% off. It is around $12. I give it plenty of time to soak in before starting my makeup, so I do that right when I get up and then start with my other stuff, put on my foundation, go to the kitchen and turn on the coffee pot and put my breakfast on, and by the time I get done with that, my foundation has dried and can be buffed out and the setting powder doesn't get into my few lines or eye creases or what ever.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I need suggestions for a highly moisturizing eye cream that wont interfer with makeup application+++

On 4/6/2015 tigriss said:

Use whatever eye cream you like. I use Cerave's. It is at most stores/pharmacies. I get mine from WalGreens when they have their Cerave on BOGO 50% off. It is around $12. I give it plenty of time to soak in before starting my makeup, so I do that right when I get up and then start with my other stuff, put on my foundation, go to the kitchen and turn on the coffee pot and put my breakfast on, and by the time I get done with that, my foundation has dried and can be buffed out and the setting powder doesn't get into my few lines or eye creases or what ever.

I use CeraVe also. I stock up when Ulta has BOGOs.

Trusted Contributor

Instead of a cream have you tried argon oil? I dab a bit on the eye area & it works for me.
Respected Contributor

The Cerave wasn't enough moisture for me. I use Nuance Salma Hayek (CVS) Anti Aging Smoothing Eye Cream or Mac Mineralize Charged Water Eye Cream. When my eye area starts to look really dry, though, it usually means that my face wash is too drying. I used La Roche Posay Face Wash for months & then noticed my skin, especially eye area, looked so old & haggard. I switched to First Aid Beauty Face Wash (I also have the Nuance Chamomile Face Wash-the anti aging one broke me out). In a couple of days I saw a huge improvement. I will probably go back to the LRP this summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if it's any one product, but I like Victoria Principal's eye things very much. I use both the Reclaim serum and the cream on top. I never have a problem with smudged eye makeup, and also do not use any waterproof.

Super Contributor

I know exactly what you mean. I have an extremely dry under eye area. Night time routine is easy but during the day, finding a deeply hydrating eye cream that plays nicely with makekup is a challenge. I have found Algenist Eye Balm, Fresh Black Tea Age Delay Eye Concentrate, and CSI Hyaluronic and Pycnogenol Eye Cream (this is the Vitacost house brand of skincare) all work well. I agree, CeraVe is not nearly hydrating enough for those of us with super dry under eyes. In the Summer, I can use Clinique All About Eyes (not the Rich version) and makeup applies beautifully over it while still being hydrating enough.

I know you didn't ask but for night time, I love Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Cream, a true unsung hero since everyone talks about the Avocado version. This blows away the Avocado which is not enough for me. My other favorite is Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist 24 Eye cream. Camelia Oil is lovely as an extra layer in very dry climate or bitterly cold weather.

Would love to know what you like at night.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Regular Contributor

BareMinerals has an eye oil/balm in a red jar.

Trusted Contributor

Just last week I received Serious Skincares eyevitality duo, day and night and I am genuinely surprised how much I like this! It was a special event price which included both eye creams, the stainless steel ball applicator, mascara and a brow powder palette - all for something ridiculous like $32. and change. A real impulse buy but I'm so glad I did. All the items are actually good but especially the eye creams - super emollient and trust me when I say no interference with makeup application - applies like a dream! The night eye cream is definitely richer than the day but I really, really like them - the whole kit! I got lucky.

Trusted Contributor

bareminerals in the white jar