Respected Contributor

I need some color guidance for Tarte Shape Tape, Pleaes

HI Ladies!

I'm going to try the Tarte Shape Tape, but would like some color guidance.  I'm fair, but not porcelain.  I also live in south Florida, so I do have a tan, despite using sunscreen.  I have the neutral Bye Bye Under Eye, because I've gotten it in the "Light" kits, but I could wear the fair.    I'm not sure if I should be ordering the fair or light in this product.  Thanks!  

Valued Contributor

Re: I need some color guidance for Tarte Shape Tape, Pleaes

I love Shape Tape. My daughter is 50% Native American, but blue eyed, so her complexion is darker than mine and she is able to tan. I am fair, red-head and cannot not tan, I burn. We went to Ulta and we both were recommended to get the Light Neutral. It works fantastic for both of us. It was surprising to me that we coudl use the same shade. Still, I'd go to Ulta and let them recommend the best one for you.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

I wish I'd gotten some color guidance for Shape Tape!  I purchased mine yesterday.  haven't used it yet.  I bought the Light Medium.  It's so much more orange than my foundation (Colorstay Sand Beige).  I DID ask a SA if the Light Medium is what she would suggest for me.  She said yes because their lighter colors are really really light.  I haven't tried it yet but the color difference (i applied both on the back of my hand) is huge with the Shape Tape being very orange-tan.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo, thank you so much for your response.  It really is surprising that you can wear the same shade!  Your input helps, and in appreciated.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Thank you for your response!  It's very helpful!  I'll go with the light or fair, but after reading the response from @CatLoverDogsToo, I'm leaning toward light.