Honored Contributor

I need recommendations for good lip pencils

I’d like a couple of good lip pencils that I can wear and mix with lipsticks. What do you like? I’d like a few color recall too.Thanks in advance for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: I need recommendations for good lip pencils

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

I’d like a couple of good lip pencils that I can wear and mix with lipsticks. What do you like? I’d like a few color recall too.Thanks in advance for your help.

@Mindy D   Hi. You could always spend more, but I still like and use those from Wet ‘N Wild and Milani...any of the nude/natural shades. I think my Wet ‘N Wild pencil is called “666”.

Esteemed Contributor

Lancome's are excellent, but they are expensive. There are bound to be equally good ones at a cheaper price; I just don't know which ones are as good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any MAC pencil liner.  My favorite...a thin line of mahogeny lip pencil then coat lips with bronze shimmer lipstick.

Respected Contributor

I have tried many over the years, and my favorites are Lancome Le Lipliner and their cream lip shaper, and Clinique Intense Color (non-sharpening).

Both go on so smoothly, last, have great color payoff, and you can wear them alone with a gloss for a soft natural look, or prep your lips with one for lipstick.  This really helps with feathering and making lipstick last for hours.

I also like very inexpensive SLP ones by NYX; they sharpen easily, and work great.  Lots of pretty colors to choose from, nudes to brights.

Honored Contributor

wet n wild lip liners......very inexpensive, but excellent quality.

i buy #666 Brandy Wine and #712 Willow.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Doll 10 is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Believe or not, I have used e.l.f. clear lip pencil.  I also like Bobbi Brown lip pencils and I always lean toward a nude shade to go with everything.  I do not like a dark lip liner as that look has been over for quite some time.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I use MAC, but recently bought Laura Mercier long wear in Passion Plum, and wow, it lasts all day with vibrant color.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Believe or not, I have used e.l.f. clear lip pencil.  I also like Bobbi Brown lip pencils and I always lean toward a nude shade to go with everything.  I do not like a dark lip liner as that look has been over for quite some time.

@Katcat1   I agree that a dark pencil looks somewhat harsh, especially as the lipstick or gloss wears off during the day....nothing worse than being left w/ a dark line around your lips. I have Bobbi’s pencils, too. Ballet Pink and Nude are favorites, but I don’t see a substantial difference, for that price, in drugstore pencils. BTW, I prefer ones I can sharpen because the ones that are automatic usually break off and sharpening keeps the bacteria at bay.