New Contributor

I need help with dehydrated skin!

I have dehydrated skin that is prone to feel excessively tight even though it produces its own oils. From what I have read this happens because I use the wrong moisturizer. What is the best moisturizer to use for this problem?

Respected Contributor

Re: I need help with dehydrated skin!

You got good suggestions from your 1st post a few days ago. You have to give things time. 

Honored Contributor

The best thing to do is Google your question to see if there is something that will help, otherwise see a doctor.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Drink lots and lots of water. Easy and inexpensive.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Paula Begoun of Beautipedia and Paula's Choice says that is a myth. She's an expert with something like thirty years of experience in skin care so I guess she should know. I was surprised to read that because I feel like my skin benefits when I drink plenty of plain water. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

Paula Begoun of Beautipedia and Paula's Choice says that is a myth. She's an expert with something like thirty years of experience in skin care so I guess she should know. I was surprised to read that because I feel like my skin benefits when I drink plenty of plain water. 

She also sells skin care items.

I bought a book of hers years ago and threw it away because some of her advice made my skin worse.  

I don't trust what she has to say.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

Have you tried the Neutrogena Hydro Gel moisturizer?  It is really nice.  At first it doesn't seem as if you are getting that moisturized, but if you keep using it, it seems to really do the job!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the beauty board @MeghanW. Hope you find help with all of your dry skin issues. Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Lumene skincare on sale at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

@MeghanW. My opinion:  1. You are exfoliating too often or too aggressively causing your oils to fight back and come to the rescue of your dry skin.  OR  2. You're not exfoliating at all or not often enough to get dead surface cells off your skin so any moisturizer can penetrate.

What do you think?