Respected Contributor

Re: I need a recommendation for a good foundation / concesker

Revlon ColorStay Normal/Dry Skin formula...has medium coverage and SPF 20....most places sell it for $12 and lot's of skintone options.  I have used it for many yrs.

I do still use a SPF under it as I have rosacea and need extra SPF...it works well with most SPF's if you are currently using one you love.  HTH

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@gellen    Check out Clinique.  There is one foundation that claims in time in takes care of dark spots plus Clinique is reasonably priced and hypoallergic.  Stay away from a radiant finish which is shiny.  Matte, semi-matte, and natural are the best finishes.  Good luck.  The foundation below targets dark spots.  Clinique is offering you to try it for 14 days and if you don't like it, return it.

cn 10 alabaster | new even better clinical™ serum foundation broad spectrum spf 25

Many, if not most, women over 50 begin to get dry skin.  There's different finishes for different people and none in particular are "the best".  It all depends on someone's skin and the look they like.  Matte finishes on dry skin accentuate wrinkles and can make someone look older.  Radiant finishes are dewy and tend to diminish the look of wrinkles. It's all personal preference, Make up consultants are excellent for helping someone decide what will look best.

Honored Contributor

@decaf    No need to get upset.  I cannot wear radiant as it is so shiny but i have normal skin.  It makes sense that dry skin possibly absorbs the radiant finish.  It is usually best to go to a store to select a foundation since shades, finishes are different from brand to brand.  Have a good night.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1  Read my post. I gave an opinion, stated facts, period..  I'm not interested in any trouble you're trying to cause here.

Occasional Contributor

GIRLACTIK

I am a 60 year old woman with warm tones and have tried alot of them.  My go to favorite is a powder form compact from Girlactik named Luminous Face Powder $29.00.  I use Medium during the summer when I get more sun but normally use Light.  I use a light moisturize first then I brush on the powder with a kabuki (short, big brush) to apply. My foundation stays put all day.  It has a beautiful fresh glow, not matted look.  Just gorgeous.  girlactik.com.

Honored Contributor

@decaf   Right -- it's all me.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@gellen Since its your first time wearing foundation, I think you would like the Original Bare Minerals foundation. You probably would like a lighter coverage. Its not expensive & a little goes a long way. You can visit Ulta or Sephora & they will match you up. The finish is beautiful which is a more natural with a slight glow.

If you do like it the Q has specials on that foundation. Also, there are video's on youtube that show you the best way to apply.

In the area's of those age spots, you can just tap on a bit more foundation & that should cover them.

Honored Contributor

I have 2 drugstore choices for you.  One is Maybelline Fit Me.  They have one version that is dewy and more moisturizing and one that is rather matte.  And they have a lot of color choices.  I am currently using the more dewy one as my skin is in a dryer phase.  It covers pretty well, but I use a bit of powder over it.  My other choice is Cover Girl CG Smoother.  I also use the Cover Girl concealer stick, which I've used for years.  The Cover Girl Advanced Radiance line of products is nice.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@gellen Bare minerals bisque for spot coverage

Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

I recently tried Perbelle CC cream foundation and find I really like it. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way. The best feature of it is that it tunes itself to your skin tone -- no trying to match a shade. It goes on smoothly and covers this old face nicely, not looking overly made up. It won't cover a really dark spot (I

have one that is stubborn), so I use a bit of ELF concealer in a light shade.

@zitawins , I have seen that pop up on my FB feed...i am interested in giving it a try.  Are you still liking it?