Respected Contributor

Re: I need a good hand cream - Any suggestions?

On 10/23/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 10/23/2014 Reba055 said:
On 10/22/2014 Snow Owl said:

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. Testers at Ulta so you try before you buy. Sometimes it goes on sale and you can use their $3.50 coupon. I love this hand cream. Try just a small amount, it goes a long way.

<br /> Rich Girl by Deborah Lippmann. Sephora may have samples of this. They can make one for you if they don't have them. It has SPF 25, I use this when I'm out during the day because of the sunscreen and usually reapply after hand washing. I bought the jumbo size when it was on sale at HSN and used a coupon. They have $10 off coupons on $50 purchase. Type COUPON in the search bar. Also have codes for new customers. It is pricey but you do not use much. As with any the thick creams, start with a very small amount.

Apply Vaseline at night and slip on cotton gloves or socks to soften hands. Works wonders for dry skin.

O'Keeffe's Working Hands hand cream. I like to use this before bed also.

My husband uses Vaseline Intensive Care and it works for him. I like it too.

HSN has the 32 oz Rich Girl right now for $62.00. Sounds crazy expensive but I guess it's supposed to be excellent.

When you consider the 3 oz. tube is $28, the 32 oz. for $62 starts to sound like a bargain!

I still buy the tube for my purse and have the large pump on my bathroom counter.

Yes it does. I'm so tempted but I've never tried it before and I've been trying to reign myself in a little bit.
Occasional Contributor

My all time favorite hand cream and/or lotion is Curel. However, it does not have any sun protection, sorry. I like it because it is affordable (discount stores, drugstores, online) and lasts without making my hands greasy. I have tried many other brands, but, good ole Curel remains my favorite. My second favorite is CeraVe cream. Sorry, but this one does not have sun protection, either. This one is a great moisturizer, too without leaving a greasy film on your hands.

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 10/22/2014 Snow Owl said:

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. Testers at Ulta so you try before you buy. Sometimes it goes on sale and you can use their $3.50 coupon. I love this hand cream. Try just a small amount, it goes a long way.

<br /> Rich Girl by Deborah Lippmann. Sephora may have samples of this. They can make one for you if they don't have them. It has SPF 25, I use this when I'm out during the day because of the sunscreen and usually reapply after hand washing. I bought the jumbo size when it was on sale at HSN and used a coupon. They have $10 off coupons on $50 purchase. Type COUPON in the search bar. Also have codes for new customers. It is pricey but you do not use much. As with any the thick creams, start with a very small amount.

Apply Vaseline at night and slip on cotton gloves or socks to soften hands. Works wonders for dry skin.

O'Keeffe's Working Hands hand cream. I like to use this before bed also.

My husband uses Vaseline Intensive Care and it works for him. I like it too.

HSN has the 32 oz Rich Girl right now for $62.00. Sounds crazy expensive but I guess it's supposed to be excellent.

When you consider the 3 oz. tube is $28, the 32 oz. for $62 starts to sound like a bargain!

I still buy the tube for my purse and have the large pump on my bathroom counter.

Yes it does. I'm so tempted but I've never tried it before and I've been trying to reign myself in a little bit.

I personally love it, and so do many others -- 5-stars at Nordstrom.com, but even I wouldn't recommend your first purchase be the 32 oz., in case you didn't love it for some reason. I bought the 3 oz. many times, hated the price, couldn't find the 32 oz. anywhere but HSN once a year, so when it was offered, I was waiting ... I've been using the 32 oz. since last year, and I think it will last me another year, so it seems a good value for me.

Lola
Frequent Contributor

I use Deborah Lippmann's Rich Girl, OPI's Avoplex, and some others which are good. I use them during the day. But - the one that REALLY makes my hands soft and smooth - is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula. It's not fancy, it's a little gooey and not very glamorous, but when I lavish it on at night (I only use it at bedtime), the next morning my hands are as soft as a kitten's paws! (It was originally created for the hands of Norwegian fishermen who have to work in the North Sea, so you can imagine what kind of environmental stress their hands are under.) Anyway, I would recommend that you give it a try. Apply it generously at bedtime and you will see how soft your hands are in the morning!

Super Contributor

Ahava is my favorite. It's available online.

Trusted Contributor

I was using one by Almay called Protect and Perfect, but I've never been able to find it in a store and got tired of having to pay shipping when I order it online.

I switched to the Garnier hand cream because it's much more available, and while it's not my favorite, it does have spf and that is my main consideration for a daytime hand cream.

At night, I like L'Occitane shea butter lavender hand cream.

Respected Contributor

If you have cracked skin and cuticles, Lotil is amazing. It heals up the cracks overnight. It's from England and they specialize in chapped hands in damp weather. I used to live in New England and be outdoors a lot and it was a lifesaver.

If you want local drugstore handcream, I agree with the other poster who recommended Neutrogena Norwegian Formula. My guy friends in Germany (another damp cold place) always used that for chapped hands.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried it but I just read a review on MUA for Glysomed and the reviewer said she works in an industry where she has to wash her hands every ten minutes and this is the only product that works for her. It doesn't have SPF though but it was pretty cheap - $3.99 so you could use another cream with SPF too if you want to layer. I saw it on Drugstore.com and it is sold at Walgreens. Not sold at CVS as it didn't come up on a search of CVS's website. Another hand cream that I think is tried and true is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream but again it doesn't have an SPF. But for dryness, these two may be the most effective.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Frequent Contributor

I love the Deborah Lipmann hand cream. Worth the price imo and I have tried a lot of hand creams

Respected Contributor

For those looking at the DL Rich Girl, so through mr rebates at 5% and there is a $10 off coupon for anything over $50 on that site you can click through! And free ship. Total of $52. Super great deal!!