Trusted Contributor

Re: I need a chaperone to go to Ulta

@JeanLouiseFinch  YUP.  I would be right there saying, YES, YOU NEED THAT 😂🤪

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Kachina624 

I feel like our dog might be getting to the age where he could start to be near the end.  The vet said he was 5 when he found us.  We've had him for 5.5 years.  God saved two lives the night he found shelter under our patio.  

I know we will love another dog as much as we love this one but we will never have another one so well mannered.  He has spoiled us.  With all the stray dogs in need of a home, we will adopt.  I have mixed feelings about going to shelters.  I'll want every dog there!  I'll be in tears in a matter of minutes.  

@monicakm try Petfinder(dot)com.  It's a compilation of pets available for adoption from shelters and rescue/foster agencies.  Fostered pets get more attention and basic training than shelter animals do.  You can choose the general area so you're not looking at animals 200 miles away.  My last 3 cats came through them and I still have 2 of them  Sadly, Sambo passed last year.  

The rescue agenciea are a bit more particular, checking with your vet and sometimes references, and often requiring you to sign a contract stating you will keep them indoors and such. 

Fair warning, don't look until you're ready to adopt though.

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 

I'll be honest with you, if you ever have to get a Corporate Respresentative involved for an "escalated" situation, you'll never shop at Ulta again.

First, try to talk to someone, doesn't happen

Second, try to e-mail them and get an answer, doesn't happen.

Third, you might as well threaten them with something and maybe you'll get an answer

That's how bad they are.   But on a store level, depends on the store manager.

But people need to find out those things for themselves and hopefully you'll never have to contact Corporate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 @You win the award for best post title.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

We've used them before.  When one of our to choc. Labs died, we needed to get our other Lab another dog.  They did a drive-by of our property without us even knowing.  Then they came out  with the dog for a meet and greet to see how everyone got along.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Ulta (store level)  Unattentive, snobby SAs.  Now, it has gotten better the last couple of times I've been there but Sephora is tops in my book!  The girls are so nice and LIKE their job.  It shows in their enthusiasm to help.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

We've used them before.  When one of our to choc. Labs died, we needed to get our other Lab another dog.  They did a drive-by of our property without us even knowing.  Then they came out  with the dog for a meet and greet to see how everyone got along.  

@monicakm that's up to the individual rescue/foster organization, not Petfinder.  When I got Sambo & Houdini, they wanted pics of the inside of our house.  I don't know if that was SOP for them or if it was because Houdini was blind.  I did have a long conversation with the rescue owner about owning a blind cat and she reassured me it shouldn't be particularly difficult for me.  She was right.  He has no trouble getting around and jumping on the bed and other furniture.  They couldn't do a drive-by since the rescue was 2 hours away.