Super Contributor

Re: I miss the sub categories for beauty....

@HappyDaze wrote:

Any idea if they plan on bringing them back? There are a million threads and I haven't read them all but  I was curious if QVC social team (lol) has responded to the requests to bring them back.

I was wondering the same thing. They definitely seem open to modifying the forums, as people are saying they've added one for handbags (which I take to mean there wasn't one at launch-- I didn't notice, though) and have now given gamers a place to go (I didn't even know about "gaming" until so many people complained about it here), but the topic of sub-forums seems to go unanswered. There are SO many posts about sub-forums. It's interesting that none of them, to my knowledge, have been replied to. I think it's a "stay tuned" kind of deal Smiley Happy.

Super Contributor

Cat if you find this again and can sign in, it took 3 tries for it to accept my password, kept getting an error page. James at MM started a topic section for a daily chat. It's called Qcomm daily chat but everyone is welcome to post. If you are on Facebook there is a page there called BE friends from QVC. It is a closed group so it's not out there for everyone to see.

I really don't like this new format. I only have my phone to access the internet, maybe on a computer it would be easier but I doubt it. If they at least brought back the sub forums it might be workable.

Hope you find this and we see you on one of the other sites.

Ps. I'm BEgramma on MM.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catstamper wrote:

Wow. Who knew that they could mess it up this badly this quickly. I can't believe they got rid of the subforums. I want to go to the BE forum to chat with my friends and it's not there. Or if it is I can't find it. This is awful, terrible, and such a disservice to customers who count on being able to find their way around.

Hi, Cat - please come chat at MM! Everyone would be welcome, we like lots of makeup, with BE at the top of the list. As previously mentioned......

Everyone is invited to Mineral Madness, a Bare Escentuals fan forum moderated and hosted by James C. We love to talk about makeup, and enjoy getting to know other bareMinerals enthusiasts better. The Q Community Chat is in a secure, private place on MM, so you will need to sign in, or sign up for a free membership. It's super easy, and James will be on the lookout for your registration so that he can send you a confirmation email.

If you've never used a forum like MM, the easiest thing to do is click on Today's Posts near the top of the page (New Posts is also an option), and then you can easily read all of the most recently active threads. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Your new friends await, along with old friends from the How Do You BE/bareMinerals and Beauty Banter boards, many of whom are/have been members at MM for some time. A lot of us started together at QVC. Heart

http://mineralmadness.com/forums/index.php

Current thread:

http://mineralmadness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42070

The new subforum James created just for the QVC people who lost their beloved subforum here:

http://mineralmadness.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94

http://mineralmadness.com/forums/index.php
Honored Contributor

You might write to: <QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com> , with this request.

I wrote a personal letter to them regarding this, but I guess they have been too busy to respond.

Perhaps if enough of us request it will happen.  I see there is now a Handbags and a Gamers section.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

I'm going to continue to eamil them. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JoElla wrote:

Lots of people formed really close relationships  with others in the sub categories, like the BEgang,  or the philosophy  gang.  TheY weren't  extremely  active forums,  but tight knit.  Now how are they supposed  to find each other?

No offense  wen gang,  I'm just not interested  in the products.  

I understand  the forums  needed massive  overhaul, so maybe  they are still working out some kinks I  the system.

JoElla

No offense taken.  WENNERS are close too, and miss the WEN subforum + there are SO many of us we take up lots of room.

Thank you for your understanding as we try to stay together.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@JoElla wrote:

Lots of people formed really close relationships  with others in the sub categories, like the BEgang,  or the philosophy  gang.  TheY weren't  extremely  active forums,  but tight knit.  Now how are they supposed  to find each other?

No offense  wen gang,  I'm just not interested  in the products.  

I understand  the forums  needed massive  overhaul, so maybe  they are still working out some kinks I  the system.

Yeah and that is one reason I want the subforums back- I have no interest in BE, IT, Philosophy, and Laura Geller products. If they brought back subforums I could skip over those. It is a win win for everyone, really.

Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:
You can tag your original posts with the same word and it will show up in the same place under Top Tags. Just type the brand name or name of the sub forum in the space provided to tag your post. For instance, if I want my post to show up in the WEN section, I just tag my post with the word WEN. You only have to do this for an original post. After that, all replies will show up under the original post.

Thank you Hillary77 for all your help in keeping us together.  Tagging posts with WEN is a good 'work around' for the current lack of WEN sub-forum, but it is a 'work-around'. Noting that  Games and Handbag forums have been added, I think it is reasonable to request for a WEN forum as well.  I will continue to use 'tags' as the only available option now, however, I'm also going to ask for a WEN forum for us.  Hope you'll join me. - Best, Drythe.