Honored Contributor

Re: I might not be around as much

@LizzieInSRQ 

I have a Samsung tablet around here somewhere. I gave my laptop to the grandbabies when I got the tablet.  Stopped using the tablet when I got this large screened Samsung Note 9 cell phone.  This phone is 5 years old and so far I'm as happy with it as the day I bought it.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your knee pain. I have had some issues but so far I am able to do my workouts. Going for a second opinion to a different ortho. Made the appointment in June and couldn't get in until November 14. So far so good. My ortho was ready to jump on a knee replacement. I am nowhere near ready for that. Wishing you well wishes and stay safe.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:
My left knee is excruciatingly painful x10. Sitting at my desk makes it worse. This knee seems to be reacting a bit different than the right one and a whole lot more painful at this stage. I can't get in to see my surgeon for an evaluation until November the 3rd 😥
I can't imagine how much longer it would be before surgery. I'm using my phone while laying in bed with ice packs to read and post to the forum. It's a bit more tedious than sitting at my desk. On another note, it's the first day of fall and the predicted high today is 100. Apparently Texas didn't get the memo 😳

Hi @monicakm .. .so sorry to hear you are in pain.   Hopefully you will be able to schedule your surgery shortly after your evaluation.   My mother had her second knee reduction (replacement) done when she was 81 years old.  She had had the other knee done a few years earlier.  My brother is an Anesthesiologist at Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick, NJ.  He sent her to the best Orthopedic surgeon he knew.    He was phenomenal.   After the surgery she was in a rehab for physical therapy for a couple weeks.  The physical therapists couldn't get over what a great job he had done,   Mom did better in her therapy sessions than people who were much younger.  She did beautifully and was finally pain free.  

Honored Contributor

Good for your mom.  She must be one tough cookie.  My PT said I was a rock star Smiley Happy  I'm fairly certain he has a degree in psychology too.  He had me doing things I KNEW I wasn't going to be able to do, don't even ask.  He made me want to succeed for him...and I did but I've lost some ground with my family's situations of late.  I'm working on it tho.  

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Good for your mom.  She must be one tough cookie.  My PT said I was a rock star Smiley Happy  I'm fairly certain he has a degree in psychology too.  He had me doing things I KNEW I wasn't going to be able to do, don't even ask.  He made me want to succeed for him...and I did but I've lost some ground with my family's situations of late.  I'm working on it tho.  

@monicakm .. I know you are going through a difficult time.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.