Honored Contributor

I might not be around as much

My left knee is excruciatingly painful x10. Sitting at my desk makes it worse. This knee seems to be reacting a bit different than the right one and a whole lot more painful at this stage. I can't get in to see my surgeon for an evaluation until November the 3rd 😥
I can't imagine how much longer it would be before surgery. I'm using my phone while laying in bed with ice packs to read and post to the forum. It's a bit more tedious than sitting at my desk. On another note, it's the first day of fall and the predicted high today is 100. Apparently Texas didn't get the memo 😳
Respected Contributor

Re: I might not be around as much

@monicakm  I'm so sorry to hear this. I am also dealing with a knee issue and will start physical therapy on Monday...this will be ongoing for several months, I am told.

I do hope all goes well for you. The pain is totally not fun. Be well. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm Have you been given a Cortisone shot in your knee?   Also I'm told the cream Voltaren is excellent.  I know everyone is different but my friend suddenly was experiencing worsening knee pain.  She got in to see an Orthopedist and got the shot.  They also recommended the cream, and both have helped her tremendously.

Is there any way to get on a wait list in case someone cancels before your appt?

Please feel better.   We miss you when you're gone for long periods of time.  xoxo

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain.  You have been through so much these past few months.  Hope you can get into the Dr before Nov. 3rd as I'm sure this is exhausting and frustrating.  I'll be thinking of you.  Check in when you feel up to it.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @nyc1
I have not had any cortisone shots in this knee. I did on my right knee and it did not help at all. I have the voltaren cream but it's not helping this time. I think it's too far gone for that. I'm hoping my doctor can skip the protocol this time that requires him to give me a syn visc/rooster comb injection first. That helped but it didn't get rid of the bone-on bone problem. Nothing but surgery will alleviate that so it's just prolonging the inevitable. Yes I have been added to the wait list in case there is cancellation.
Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee

Here's hoping your physical therapist is as cute as mine was (I'll have the same one for this surgery). First visit I told Rob that I had absolutely zero pain tolerance and I wasn't confident that I could do any of the exercises. He either worked with my self-proclaimed zero pain tolerance/limitations or made me think he did. He said I was one of his star patients but he might say that to all the girls 🥰
Esteemed Contributor

Monicakm, I feel your pain. My right knee was replaced several years ago. It feels great. I was planning to have my left done but my husband's Alzheimer's worsened and then he had a stroke. My 100 year old mother is on hospice and my beagle has cancer. My knee kills every day. I have had cortisone shots, PT,  used all the gels and creams but since X-rays show bone on bone nothing works. I cannot take the time away from family that I know will be required. I read that a new, easier replacement surgery is being developed. I hope I can be a candidate. I worked out all of my life and have the knees to prove it. Now I am an orthopedic wreck.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm sorry to hear you are in such pain, I hope it get s better soon and hopefully you will be able to get into your doctor sooner, maybe a cancellation? Stay off of it as much as you can-easier said than done, I know!!!!

Here in the Midwest we did get a temperature drop , today's high is 62....Feels nice to have windows open!!!   

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    Make a pest of yourself and start calling every morning to see if they have a cancellation.  Squeeky wheel gets the oil....then when they do have one, they'll remember YOU.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear you're in so much discomfort.  And I hope you get a quicker appointment for your surgery.  A good friend of mine had knee surgery recently and it was so successful he is planning on doing his other knee in a few months.

Good luck!