Honored Contributor

Re: I may be in the minority but

You don't want to place the economy in a tail spin.  Purchase what you need and continue to purchase if you want this country to bounce back.  Nordstrom is offering 25% discount which is a great incentive.  Think ahead for birthday, graduation, wedding gifts.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We have 7 or 8 rolls of tp and I can't find anymore.  Thank goodness we have bidets on both toilets.  That 7 or 8 rolls will last a lot longer than it would without bidets.

Honored Contributor

We're keeping the economy going!  We started a planned laundry room makeover about a week ago.  Between crown moulding, base, trim paint, wall paint, wall glitter paint, art, light fixtrure, new hot water heater, tape and bed/painter and plumber, I feel like we've kept a couple families paying their bills for a few more days.

Trusted Contributor

I'm buying what I need but I am spending carefully. I have a conference call this morning with about 50 of my coworkers this morning. We all know what's coming.That pressure with the added stress of the virus is taking it's toll on me. I am know it's got to be worse for so many other people. My children are grown. Shopping is the last thing on my mind. 

Respected Contributor

Too much uncertainty right now. My heart is not into shopping for things that aren't a necessity.

Honored Contributor

Only shopping for nececessities at this time, too much uncertainty. I feel like I don't even have any wants right now. I will use what I have and possibly even get out my wig. I wil not even consider getting hair or nails done. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, you're not alone - I agree with you. With all the media pandamonium going on - I'm not in the mood to shop either. Its an absolute mess out there and doesn't put people in the right frame of mind to shop for clothing, beauty, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Not just you. I fear shortly my husband and I will not even have an income.

Its very scary to go from Thriving to Recession in less than two weeks, I'm still trying to let it all soak in.  Smiley Sad

New Contributor

THANK YOU!  Sadly, we Americans are in for a new "normal".   A  wise, "senior" cashier at  Walmart told me:  " You can stockpile toilet paper, water and food BUT, when your number comes up-- you'll be gone and someone else will use up all that stuff !"

Make good choices, be well, good luck 'cause we're all together in this one!

Valued Contributor

I'm in the minority here. I'm frenzy shopping. I have 4 or 5 orders that I JUST placed on the Q still in process and a few more on their way. Didnt need any of it but shopping is the only thing I feel like I can control right now. The world is shutting down around me & although I know its temporary it's still unsettling.