Valued Contributor

Re: I may be in the minority but

To the OP, I am with you I am watching shopping channels for a welcomed distraction.  Not purchasing anything, I could be laid off at any time as my industry is directly affected where I am.  The City of Boston has shut down all construction, withing their city limits and many surrounding cities are following suit.  My projects are all Healthcare, which have all been stopped for obvious reasons, but with no timeline on when the restrictions will be relieved, I have to worry about more important things like keeping a roof over our heads, bills and mortgage payments.  Not my makeup or adfing to a non essential pile of summer clothing. I almost fell over when I saw HSN selling a 4k 82" TV yesterday for a couple thousand dollars.  All these types of channels may want to consider adjusting their programming slightly, large buying will be slowing down. 

Valued Contributor

I am buying.  I feel like retailers need an infusion of money right now.  Maybe it will help to keep some people employed.

Esteemed Contributor

@fuchsiaz wrote:

THANK YOU!  Sadly, we Americans are in for a new "normal".   A  wise, "senior" cashier at  Walmart told me:  " You can stockpile toilet paper, water and food BUT, when your number comes up-- you'll be gone and someone else will use up all that stuff !"

Make good choices, be well, good luck 'cause we're all together in this one!

I think the Walmart cashier was callous. "New normal"? This is not going to last forever....... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i watch a few minutes of shopping networks on and off. watched the YBF and Skinn ( he had dermapeel and that was all when I watched) but didnt order a thing. and I wont at this time, saving my money and not spending on anything not necessary right now!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Contributor

Exactly what I do. I am now retired and have enough clothes. 

Respected Contributor

• I'm interested in shopping now. 😕

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I have not bought one thing at all from any shopping channel and i havent been watching any of them at all lately.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller