Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm "boycotting" Estee Lauder!

[ Edited ]

I don't buy Estee Lauder anything or products from any of the companies they own because of animal testing. Hard to believe people still buy these products. They OBVIOUSLY support animal testing. Pathetic.

Esteemed Contributor

You aren't the only one who avoids all things having to do with the K-trash family.

I also have no intention of buying any makeup or skin care products they use. I get the social media aspect of why Estee Lauder chose that K-trash offspring to rep their line because it's how many followers you have on Instagram that matters to advertisers and beauty companies looking to cash in on millenials.

I don't think that Edit line is selling very well though. It's been moved to the back of the Sephora store. I don't see people browsing those testers either.

I also avoid buying any beauty or fashion magazines that feature any K-trash on the cover.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 - ooh, that's a pretty shade.  You always get me with a lipstick.  How does it wear?

Valued Contributor

I agree with the others who no longer use EL because of animal testing .I used MAC and Bobbie Brown eclusively for years, but once I adopted a rescue puppy from a high kill shelter close to 3 years ago i could no longer support these companies , I also don't purchase from brand who say they are cruelty free even if the Parent company( L'oreal as an example) ( urban Decay claims to be cruelty free) . it would not matter to me the models used because there is illusion in all makeup ads .I am 53 and remember a few years ago when Diane Keaton was on the Oscars she was stunning in silver hair and lines on her face , but when her L'oreal ad ran later in the evening , it was line free. Many times on these shopping channel too the models already have a full face of makeup ,and then they just dab the products on .I would love to see a complete start to finish with a completely naked face to see how the makeup really looks on women of all ages and colors. 

Trusted Contributor

Couldn't care less about the KarTRASHIANS.  Never have and never will use Estee Lauder due to animal testing PERIOD.  

Honored Contributor

Just curious about something ...... every website has a "Contact Us" link.   Has anyone here every actually TOLD the EL people why they don't use their products?

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

You aren't the only one who avoids all things having to do with the K-trash family.

I also have no intention of buying any makeup or skin care products they use. I get the social media aspect of why Estee Lauder chose that K-trash offspring to rep their line because it's how many followers you have on Instagram that matters to advertisers and beauty companies looking to cash in on millenials.

I don't think that Edit line is selling very well though. It's been moved to the back of the Sephora store. I don't see people browsing those testers either.

I also avoid buying any beauty or fashion magazines that feature any K-trash on the cover.

As of yesterday when I was there, the line was displayed on the first aisle to the right of the entrance.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@suzyQ3 - ooh, that's a pretty shade.  You always get me with a lipstick.  How does it wear?

Hi, BC. It is very pretty. But since I just bought it yesterday, I'm hesitant to speak to its longevity.

I will say that if someone is looking for a true matte, they may be disappointed. This is more satin and has a little bit of shine. I think that's probably better for my poor little lips anyway.

Heart

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

Whenever I think of any of the K's, I think "sleaze", so EL using them as their representatives lowers the illusion of high quality prestige, to me.  My image of better quality is "tasteful", and the K's are not.

You got it!!

Valued Contributor

Those whipper snappers! Now back to my rocker...