Frequent Contributor

I'm over IT Cosmetics and more

This is a good place to vent your frustrations, so those of you that are ready to tell me "if you don't like it, don't buy it" can save it. I am so tired of IT cosmetics, their constantly overly excited reps and the same products being offered either on TV or .com. I am so happy QVC has brought UD and Becca in to offer some alternatives. We used to have so many more options for clothing, jewelry, makeup, everytihng and I've spent SO much money at the Q over the years I don't even want to know. They seem to be narrowing down their presentations and offerings to I assume what sells the best; or maybe the brands are getting tired of them!

And for those of you that say, just don't watch, there was a time in my life where QVC was my friendly, fun place I could go to get away from things. It wasn't just a TV channel.  I could count on the hosts' expertise and friendliness and if a product was offered by QVC, I could count on it. So for people like me, it IS sad to see those things go away. 

That may seem ridiculous to some of you, but many of you long timers know what I'm saying.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm over IT Cosmetics and more

@joanluvz wrote:

This is a good place to vent your frustrations, so those of you that are ready to tell me "if you don't like it, don't buy it" can save it. I am so tired of IT cosmetics, their constantly overly excited reps and the same products being offered either on TV or .com. I am so happy QVC has brought UD and Becca in to offer some alternatives. We used to have so many more options for clothing, jewelry, makeup, everytihng and I've spent SO much money at the Q over the years I don't even want to know. They seem to be narrowing down their presentations and offerings to I assume what sells the best; or maybe the brands are getting tired of them!

And for those of you that say, just don't watch, there was a time in my life where QVC was my friendly, fun place I could go to get away from things. It wasn't just a TV channel.  I could count on the hosts' expertise and friendliness and if a product was offered by QVC, I could count on it. So for people like me, it IS sad to see those things go away. 

That may seem ridiculous to some of you, but many of you long timers know what I'm saying.

I understand completely, pay no attention to those who try and minimize your feelings. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@joanluvz wrote:

👍yes! to the first half of your post.

But the highlighted section is gone, because what the public requires from shopping has changed dramatically since then.

But I think it's natural to experience it as a loss.

Honored Contributor

I loved one mascara that was gifted to me, and by the time to order it, nowhere to be found.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I just do not like the products.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I ❤️ IT Cosmetics but I do grow tired of the constant airings. I just stay on top of new products, ODOs, etc. on QVC.com. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I ❤️ IT Cosmetics but I do grow tired of the constant airings. I just stay on top of new products, ODOs, etc. on QVC.com. 

That’s where I do all of my Q shopping, with a rare exception. If I want a demonstration I click on the video.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Yes! I do the same thing!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@joanluvz  You have expressed my thoughts exactly and thank you....watched from the beginning and I do understand!

Esteemed Contributor

I do like a couple of their things, primarily for the silk they use in the powders. Even Hourglass does not come close.

Ah, yes, the lack of options....

Can't say I miss Capodimonte, though.