Honored Contributor

Re: I'm looking for a strong chocolate perfume

[ Edited ]

I like chocolate as much as anybody but the thought of going out smelling like a Hershey factory is kind of nauseating and sure to evoke uncomplimentry comment. 

Reminds me of a friend who wore a rose scented perfume.  Roses smell lovely too but she could clear a roommful of people by entering after an application of that stuff.

Some scents found in nature just aren't compatible with the human body or human nose.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I agree @Kachina624 .  I love eating chocolate, but I'm not a big fan of the smell of it and can't imagine wanting to wear anything that was even remotely like that scent.  

Contributor

She smelled so good. I think I wanna go around smelling like that..it's better than what I've been smelling on people.
Valued Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Dazzlespaz1993 wrote:
There was this lady who had this strong perfume on that smelled like chocolate..it smelled so yummy. Does anyone know what it was? Thanks!

@Dazzlespaz1993 wrote:
There was this lady who had this strong perfume on that smelled like chocolate..it smelled so yummy. Does anyone know what it was? Thanks!

@Dazzlespaz1993   I know years ago Bare Minerals had a body lotion and perfume that had a chocolate exotic scent ,  it was wonderful never smelled anything like it .  Unfortunately it has been around for maybe 20 yrs ago when Leslie was still the owner of the company and first came To QVC.   We should ask them to bring it back , it was very yummy smelling !  Otherwise I do t know of any brand that smells chocolate Like.

@Kitty Galore 

Yes,Yes,Yes!!!  It was called Escentuals.  My favorite fragrance ever!  We were talking about here a few weeks ago.  Would love to see it come back. 

Honored Contributor

YEARS ago when my 42 year old daughter was a child, maybe 9 or 10, I would occasionally drive to Dallas to clothes shop at Niemans for her.  In the children's clothing dept, they had perfume for children and one of the scents was chocolate.  I bought her a bottle. It was a scent appropriate for children.  It was sooooo good!

Respected Contributor

I cannot imagine wearing chocolate as fragrance. I used to crave chocolate maybe once a month and never understood the fascination among my friends who thought a little chocolate could cure all ills. Now that I'm older, for some reason I crave chocolate all the time. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to fight the cravings if I smelled it continually. A friend once gave me a candle that was apple pie scented; everytime I walked past it, I got an insatiable craving for apple pie. It had to go. Yes, I'll be first to admit that I may have some issues.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never understand wanting to smell like food.  Hey, to each their own, but I prefer smelling clean which just may be no smell at all. 

JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I'm wondering if they still make Angel, byThierry Mugler. I wore this back in the '90s. I considered it more of a winter fragrance, and it definitely had discernible chocolate notes. You might want to seek out a tester and give it a try. Hopefully, it hasn't been reformulated. 

image000000 (1).jpg

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

I cannot imagine wearing chocolate as fragrance. I used to crave chocolate maybe once a month and never understood the fascination among my friends who thought a little chocolate could cure all ills. Now that I'm older, for some reason I crave chocolate all the time. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to fight the cravings if I smelled it continually. A friend once gave me a candle that was apple pie scented; everytime I walked past it, I got an insatiable craving for apple pie. It had to go. Yes, I'll be first to admit that I may have some issues.

@Carolina925  I have the same issue with dessert or chocolate perfume fragrances! If I smell those scents, I have to eat dessert or candy that day Smiley Very Happy.  If I bought a chocolate perfume, I'd probably binge eat Hershey's fun sized candy. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@Dazzlespaz1993 

Demeter® fragrances...their own website or Amazon.    

I have this chocolate version.   It is REAL and quite potent.   $15 + tx&shp

I love Demeter fragrances.

If you--meaning anyone--read about them, you'll find that they're single note fragrances. That's what I really like about them. Plus, they have some really unique fragrances, too.

I also think that their fragrances are spot-on as far as scents go.

They came out with some Jolly Roger Candy scents that were really fun, years ago.

I had a small bottle of Watermelon shower gel that smelled just like the watermelon candy. Smiley Happy

I also had a bottle of Hersheys that they made. I think that it was dark choclate, too.

I remember their fragrances not being very overpowering on me, but I think that I had them in the spray bottle versions and not in the perfume oil versions.

It was more like you could smell them on me, and not so far around me, like all over the room, for example.