Valued Contributor

I’m looking for a cruelty-free sunscreen…

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I just used up the last of the Neutrogena, and need to replace it with something that is not tested on animals.

I have sensitive skin, and would prefer to find something that has a high SPF and is reasonably priced  I used ELTAMD a couple years ago and liked it, but it is really expensive considering how fast I go through it. (I am very fair and burn easily)

Thanks Ladies!!

Regular Contributor

Re: I’m looking for a cruelty-free sunscreen…

Some brands that I have used and like are Josie Maran, Bare Minerals and Paula's Choice.  All cruelty free and have the "bunny" certification. 

Frequent Contributor

I like Andrew Lessman from HSN or procapslabs

High spf and all mineral.

Esteemed Contributor

Sarah Rose on YouTube does yearly sunscreen reviews.  This year she did separate videos for mineral and chemical varieties.  I'm not sure if 100% of them are cruelty-free (there was a Garnier one in there; I don't recall if they are).  She reviewed a total of 21 sunscreens in those 2 videos posted in June of this year.  (I would link the channel or the videos, but am not sure I'm allowed to.)

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Swedishmiss   Kylie Skin is cruelty free.  SPF 40 and it is clear.  No parabens, etc.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

elf and Derma e both have nice sunscreens. beautybulletins dot com is having a salederme sun care sale 2021.jpg

Contributor

I haven't tried it but I just saw one on the Costco website.  It says vegan and cruelty free.

bioClarity 100% Mineral Face and Body Sunscreen, SPF 30

Honored Contributor

I'm loving SuperGoop!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Let me just say I am a sunscreen hater and only use mineral ones.  Someone recommended Ghost democracy

and I tried it.  It is pretty good as far as not feeling greasy and icky on your face and can wear it alone without being white.  I wear it under powder foundation and it is okay.  Not saying I love it but like it the best so far.  I have tried so many that I could not stand the way they felt on my face. 

Valued Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Hi ! I recently started using the brand DRMTLGY . I was using COLORSCIENCE which I really like and still use but it is on the pricey side . Dr . Dray had this cruelty free brand in a sunscreen video of hers . I tried the physicsal tinted one and love it . I have very acne prone skin and this does not irritate or break me out . They have a few to choose from . I use only cruelty free and these are fabulous . The tinted version I use as my foundation .