Trusted Contributor

I'm going to see Beekman in Sharon Springs for Christmas!

[ Edited ]

Well, not exactly for Christmas but close enough. I leave next weekend for five days. I'm so excited! My dear friend surprised over TG and bought me a  ticket to go with her on a  visit to see her  family in Utica. She said Beekman isn't far from there. 

Has anyone been to Sharon Springs and Beekman? Do they sell different beauty items there at the store? What was your experience? Thanks. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm going to see Beekman in Sharon Springs for Christmas!

Congrats!  I hope you have a ball!  I am 40 minutes from Sharon Springs and about 15 min from Utica : )

Enjoy your trip!!

Trusted Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Congrats!  I hope you have a ball!  I am 40 minutes from Sharon Springs and about 15 min from Utica : )

Enjoy your trip!!

Thank you! So exciting! A day trip there will be wonderful. I'm sure there will be lots of snow. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

Well, not exactly for Christmas but close enough. I leave next weekend for five days. I'm so excited! My dear friend surprised over TG and bought me  ticket to go with her to visit her  family in Utica. She said Beekman isn't far from there. 

Has anyone been to Sharon Springs and Beekman? Do they sell different beauty items there at the store? What was your experience? Thanks. Smiley Happy

I've been to Sharon Springs several times, probably 25 or 30 years ago--well before Beekman set up shop there. I was considering buying property there with a friend. It's a fascinating little town with an important history (IMO) that relates to entertainment and NY, and I'm not going to spoil it for you by telling its story.

I hope the town hasn't been overhauled and gentrified, and the enormous, decaying hotels (think "The Shining") that we visited when we were there haven't been pulled down. I also hope the spring that gave the town its name is still in operation as a tourist spot. I never made a visit to it, but if I went again, I would. Water bottled from the spring was for sale around town, IIRC.

Valued Contributor

Sounds like so much fun. If you go to the Beekman store, post pictures so we can see the store. I'm so excited for you. Enjoy!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@De Anna wrote:

Sounds like so much fun. If you go to the Beekman store, post pictures so we can see the store. I'm so excited for you. Enjoy!!!!

I will. I hope  it's  decorated for the holidays?  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@BdBettyB Have a great time!  Hope that it will be a white Christmas but good traveling weather.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BdBettyB 

Have a great time that's our cousins road trip next year🙂 for the Harvest Fest.

The weekend of 12/7-8 (I think this is the date) they have a online marathon which they do every year.  I know many times they are in the Mercantile hanging out & welcoming visitors.  Maybe you'll get lucky to meet them.

I met them once in Tampa area - both were extremely nice and friendly.

Enjoy!!! 

Valued Contributor

DATE & TIME

Wednesday, December 04 -
Thursday, December 05
3:00 - 3:00pm

ADD TO CALENDAR

Found this on the Beekman website for the 2019 marathon. Not a weekend :-( And I work later on Wednesdays to boot.

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@BdBettyB Have a great time!  Hope that it will be a white Christmas but good traveling weather.

Thank you! We don't have snow where I live. I hope there is some. Smiley Happy