Respected Contributor

Re: I'm doing a 24 hour survey, do you like the "lob" or not?

@depglass

Is the 'lob' the longer length bob haircut?

If so, I think it depends on the person wearing it, their stature and 'style'. I have a teacher friend that wears this and on her this looks fine.

My hair is long but if I had to cut it I might look at some variation of this, only for wavy hair.

Respected Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i like it. i may have to to get mine cut like this . i had a little trouble in tinting class .  the ends are fried

Image result for pics of lob haircut

I'd wear this if I had to cut my hair!

Respected Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i like it. i may have to to get mine cut like this . i had a little trouble in tinting class .  the ends are fried

Image result for pics of lob haircut

I wouldn't call that a "lob." I'd call it "hacky wacky," but the colors are beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like it. I like the I just rolled out of bed look! I asked my new stylist about a lob (long Bob) but she didn't think it was right for me.

Respected Contributor

I like a more un-done look for hair, so I do like the styles shown in the

Photos. I don't care for the helmet-hair bobs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it.

Very versatile, flatters most, and there's different variations to work with your hair texture, etc..

Esteemed Contributor

The lob looks OK but I suspect that it's a lot of work to make this hairstyle look effortless. I don't wear my hair that short as it has a definite wave that isn't symmetrical on each side of my face and my hair is thick enough and prone to frizz that would be very apparent if my hair were that short. I prefer a longer hairstyle as the length is better looking on me.

Respected Contributor

I had to google and it looks exactly like my hair right now, except mine is a tiny bit shorter.  

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000206 EndHTML:000260133 StartFragment:000259760 EndFragment:000260071 StartSelection:000259760 EndSelection:000260071 SourceURL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lob_(haircut)Lob (haircut) - Wikipedia

Trusted Contributor

I went to my hairdresser about a little over a year ago asking for the "lob" haircut and have been wearing it ever since - just below my shoulders with graduated length in front, random faded balayage painted ends strategically placed throughout.  It was unique when I first cut it, but now it seems EVERYONE is emulating it - hate when that happens.

I like it too much on me to change it.  I'll just have to wait until I'm inspired by something new I see.  I like my look to be admired, but I just HATE when so many others around me try to do the same.  Infuriating.

Honored Contributor

Imo a choppy, messy bed-head look in any cut just looks bad on older women. Makes them look unkempt to me.