Honored Contributor
Moonchilde, you do not pay any attention to the direction of the hair growth. This is an epilator - it is like many tweezers. It is not like shaving or other methods.
Occasional Contributor

I have the epilator that was offered before this one, and the directions said to use it in the direction of hair growth, not against it.

Super Contributor
On 6/8/2014 Deb0360 said:
On 6/8/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Me, too, brunjetto!! I'm a new convert. I have rarely been so immediately impressed by a product -- and this exceeded my hopes and expectations!

I didn't even consider an epilator because of my experience (in the 90's!) with Epilady. It really did NOT do a good job. And when people here would rave about epilating I'd thing "seriously??".

But is from a different century than that old coil thing. I just wanted it for my face and it is PERFECT! Now I'm eyeing my arms and my legs because I'd love to feel this smooth all over.

Question: Is it preferable to rid of the hair and wait for some regrowth on my arms before using, or is it okay to just do it with the normal length of hair? Thx!

Maren, I just did my arms a couple of days ago. A little background. When I was a kid and now if I let, the hair on my arms would get so long that the boys would tackle me and rub it around real fast until I had knots. When I got older I trimmed with sissers. Then I started trimming with beard trimmers.

So.....What I did is trim the hair with my beard trimmer without an attachment. It leaves it really short. Then I used the epilator. I went in the direction of hair growth then when I was done I went over my whole arm in the other direction. It is awesome!!!!!!!

My guess is I'll need to do this once a week for about a month then go from there.

Thank you, Deb0360! I'm going to just give it a try and if it's too yowchy I'll trim with scissors (don't have a trimmer). I didn't even think of scissors!

My heart breaks for the kid Deb0360 -- teasing can be so scarring! I'm so glad you like this! Enough with the trimming, right? And I agree -- awesome! :-)

Honored Contributor
On 6/8/2014 willdob3 said: Moonchilde, you do not pay any attention to the direction of the hair growth. This is an epilator - it is like many tweezers. It is not like shaving or other methods.
Yeh, pretty hard to determine direction on peach fuzz or wild- ***neck hairs ;-)
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Contributor

I have had one Emjoi for about 12 years (cordless) and one Emjoi for about 9 years (corded). I was hooked on this gadget from the very first time that I used it, and I never used a razor after I started using this. I have not had any hair growth on my arms, my underarms, legs or bikini area for several years now (thanks to my Emjoi) so I hardly ever use mine anymore. With continued use, the hair follicles die and no more hair grows. I used a small Braun (same concept, tweezers) that I used on my peach fuzz. Again, no more peach fuzz. All three of these were QVC items, and the only time I ever called and gave a testimonial on air was for my Emjoi, and they are all three still working after all these years. This is by far one of my favorite items ever from QVC.

Contributor
On 6/8/2014 Deb0360 said:

Me, too, brunjetto!! I'm a new convert. I have rarely been so immediately impressed by a product -- and this exceeded my hopes and expectations!

I didn't even consider an epilator because of my experience (in the 90's!) with Epilady. It really did NOT do a good job. And when people here would rave about epilating I'd thing "seriously??".

But is from a different century than that old coil thing. I just wanted it for my face and it is PERFECT! Now I'm eyeing my arms and my legs because I'd love to feel this smooth all over.

Question: Is it preferable to rid of the hair and wait for some regrowth on my arms before using, or is it okay to just do it with the normal length of hair? Thx!

Maren, I just did my arms a couple of days ago. A little background. When I was a kid and now if I let, the hair on my arms would get so long that the boys would tackle me and rub it around real fast until I had knots. When I got older I trimmed with sissers. Then I started trimming with beard trimmers.

So.....What I did is trim the hair with my beard trimmer without an attachment. It leaves it really short. Then I used the epilator. I went in the direction of hair growth then when I was done I went over my whole arm in the other direction. It is awesome!!!!!!!

My guess is I'll need to do this once a week for about a month then go from there.

Thank you, Deb0360! I'm going to just give it a try and if it's too yowchy I'll trim with scissors (don't have a trimmer). I didn't even think of scissors!

My heart breaks for the kid Deb0360 -- teasing can be so scarring! I'm so glad you like this! Enough with the trimming, right? And I agree -- awesome! :-)

Enough With The Trimming!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor
On 6/8/2014 redtabby said:
On 6/8/2014 tray said:

I can deal with the pain and the red bumps after using it but it doesn't remove all the hair and it only works when its plugged into the charger. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?????????

The device is not battery run, it is corded. You cannot charge it, it must be connected to an outlet to work. The presenter said that they felt a battery device would not work as well.

I guess I didnt notice the cord when she walked away from the table. Thanks.

Super Contributor

I'm still curious about this. I ordered the TSV then cancelled the next day. I'm so sick of my chin hairs, I pluck them daily but they seem to grow back daily too, and I usually pull them out by the root, isn't it the same? Why do they keep growing back when tweezing, but not with the epilator?

Super Contributor

SSC had a laser hair removal tool over the weekend that claims to permanently remove hairs within 6 months, I was SO tempted to order it but I didn't because it's $99 plus shipping & tax. I just want my freakin chin hairs to go away!

Respected Contributor
On 6/9/2014 ginabfly said:

I'm still curious about this. I ordered the TSV then cancelled the next day. I'm so sick of my chin hairs, I pluck them daily but they seem to grow back daily too, and I usually pull them out by the root, isn't it the same? Why do they keep growing back when tweezing, but not with the epilator?

I have the same question...if the epilator is "tweezing" and the hairs eventually quit coming back, then why do come back after using regular tweezers? And I've been tweezing daily for 20+ years!

I did order it, and now I'm scared to use it! The presenter kept running it over her entire face like a razor, but the instruction say to only use on upper lip, chin & jawline for individual hairs, and to use only one side of the thing for that. I can remove individual hairs by tweezing.

Could someone tell me what I'm missing?