Esteemed Contributor

I'm Such a Foundation Junkie!

Ok, I have so many foundations in this house, but I had to stop at Macy's for their free gift. I bought their new concealer foundation that you apply with their in cap stick. Haven't used it yet. Has anybody here purchased this? If so, do you like it? Also purchased their new pop blush in the ginger. Would love to get some feedback on the foundation. Thanks!
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm Such a Foundation Junkie!

I have heard awesome things about the blush but not so good reviews on the foundation. I have other clinique foundations and do not like them too much

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 CrystalBlue1 said:

I have heard awesome things about the blush but not so good reviews on the foundation. I have other clinique foundations and do not like them too much

Oh great. I mean that sarcasticly. Lol. I used to use their regular foundation in porcelain beige. I will try this out in the morning tomorrow, and I guess if it doesn't work out, I'll see if my mom would like it. She uses Clinique products. Thanks for the review.
Frequent Contributor

it may work great for you, sometimes things that don't get the best reviews work great for me and other times products people rave about I think are awful. People raved on the internet about the new Sephora serum foundation and said it was dupe for Georgio Armani. I bought it put it on once, packaged it up to send back and wiped it right off my face, it looked horrible. Good Luck and let us know how it works. I have heard the blushes are awesome and they do look really nice.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 CrystalBlue1 said:

You are right! The only pop color blush I liked was the ginger because it didn't deliver a harsh pop of color. The pink was way too pigmented with color and do was the coral/peach color. I'm sure it will work for others. Just didn't look good on me. I'll give the foundation a go in the morning. Will be keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thanks CrystalBlue! I appreciate your input.
Super Contributor

I've been curious about the new foundation!

I used to love Clinique foundations, I tried most of them while I was wearing them years ago, but then I found BE and haven't really looked back. My fave was Even Better, I would consider trying it again, I just wish I could pick a foundation shade without going to the counter. I also used to love their High Impact mascara.

Respected Contributor

I heard its getting great reviews! I bought it today as well. I got a sample last week, so I had a chance to try it. Seems pretty decent to me. Another keeper
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 ginabfly said:

I've been curious about the new foundation!

I used to love Clinique foundations, I tried most of them while I was wearing them years ago, but then I found BE and haven't really looked back. My fave was Even Better, I would consider trying it again, I just wish I could pick a foundation shade without going to the counter. I also used to love their High Impact mascara.

I started out using Clinique and just stuck with my original shade in this new one. The sales rep wanted to try it on me but I already had makeup on and didn't want to spend a lit of time there. I just hope it doesn't look cakes on the skin since it's a concealer also. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. At least it was only 27 dollars compared to Trish McEvoy's ?I spent 75 dollars on which is a very good foundation ,but definitely overpriced.
Regular Contributor

My new favorite is IT Cosmetics, Veil with SPF 50. I love it. I use light, and it's the exact color of my face. Very sheer coverage; I barely know it's there, and that's the way I like it. I can't stand a mask of makeup on my face that looks as if you could remove it with a trowel. I love the SPF50 too, as I am blonde with green eyes, and burn easily. Great stuff! It's now on auto delivery.

Super Contributor

My favorites are the Sisley Phyto Teint Expert---crazy expensive---and Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid and Georgio Armani Designer lift---most of the time I use Loreal Infallible from the drugstore.

I don't like the new Clinique foundation. You can see a good review on YOUTUBE done by TATI last week...