Honored Contributor

Re: I'm So Sick of My Hair....

I tire of my hair often. That's why I go to my stylist every 5-6 weeks. I vary my pixie cut and am always changing the color! I'm going to go darker with blonde highlights this time (my winter look), 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

So sick of mine too, maybe many of us feel that way.  Mine is wavy-curly and humidity ruins the style.  So hard to control...  Just have to let it be what it naturally is... can’t fight it. That’s the thing about hair ‘styles’, and my hair, they only work under perfect conditions, not real life. 

Honored Contributor

I have a bob too.  My hair is straight & fine but thick (fine hair isn't always thin).  I was also getting sick of the bob so over the summer my stylist added more layers which gives my hair a lift without losing length.  I'm very happy with it.

Honored Contributor

There are ladies undergoing chemo, some with thyroid issues and/or aging who would give anything to have the problem of hairstyle or haircolor; they would like hair.  

Esteemed Contributor

When I feel the need for a change, I just google "short hair styles" or go to Pinterest.  There are millions of photos of hairdos on Pinterest.  Just look at other styles until one strikes your fancy.  Take your time - like others said, don't rush it.   Take the photos you like to a stylist - either your old stylist or a new one.

No matter what happens, remember that hair grows.  If you don't like your new look, it isn't permanent.  It will grow out.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Have you thought about breaking up your Bob into a style like Lisa Rinna's? You keep most of the length, but change the direction of the style by cutting in the layers.

Trusted Contributor

Many of us feel the same way you do - just want to shave it all off!

I too suggest you try Amy Stran's new hairstyle.  Since your hair is already rather short, it sounds as though shaping is what you need - which appears to be exactly what Amy's hair is - a short bob, inverted stack in back, with long layers tapered.   I say you go for it!  Take a picture with you or better yet, your phone so you can play a video of her so your hairdresser can see the cut animated with movement.

FYI, I have been contemplating to cut my hair like this since she cut it back over the summer - super cute and sophisticated!  I'm just too chicken...

Respected Contributor

You would be surprised that the knowledge that a stylist has. They really can evaluate your type of hair, face shape and what your likes and dislikes are. I have been wearing mine in an asymmetrical for awhile and felt that I needed a change. My stylist asked if I wanted to go a little edgier and I said yes. She did not want me to give up the asymmetrical so she did some minor changes which just tweaked a little. Good luck with your new look.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jewel22 wrote:

I would try a new stylist. A new perspective. I would not keep the Saturday appointment. Wait a week. Don't rush into anything you are not sure about. Do you color your hair? Maybe a new shade?

My appointmen is actually tonight.  I'm keeping it because I've had the bug for a change for a few weeks now.

My stylist is newer to me and a relative so I can't really change.  It's really not her fault. She cuts my hair the way I keep telling her I want it cut. The problem is, I keep wanting it cut in some variation of a bob.  I just can't get out of it.  The last time I handed her a photo she even told me it wasn't much different than what I already had.  LOL

I did go from blonde to brunette.  Didn't help.  Woman Sad  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono, my hair isn't far from that style now.  Very slightly shorter.