Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm Off to Flood My Face

Hi @monicakm!. I love your posts !  Would you mind sharing the products that you use to "flood"? I'm 58 years old and my skin is in need of hydration badly.

Thanks so much in advance!

Kim

Honored Contributor

Thank you @kimbobimbo Smiley Happy  I don't mind at all.  I hate that feeling of a dry, dehydrated complexion, not to mention your makeup looks horrible.

I've been doing this for years (there just wasn't a name for it).  I will post the product's photos for you.  The two I've been using for years are the first two.  I like "milky" essences because they're more moisturizing.

• Kombucha Tea: The fermented black tea that has abundant probiotics and vitamin B
  • Vegan Tea Complex: Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate, Schisandra Chinensis Fruit Extract
  •  
  • Highlighted Ingredients:
    - Lipo-Hydroxy Acid (LHA): Gently dissolves impurities and removes dead skin cells to refine the appearance of skin's texture, like a "peel," for visibly smoother, clearer, and brighter skin.
    - 23% Emollients and Almond Milk: Replenish the moisture barrier to hydrate, comfort, and soften skin.
  • Kiehl's Since 1851 - Milk-Peel Gentle Exfoliating Toner 6.8 oz/ 200 mL Clean at Sephora
  •  
  • 🍇Boosts skin condition with high-density Resveratrol capsules from high-quality French grapes!
  • 🍇Vegan Capsulizing Delivery System: The encapsulating technology protects the active ingredients and delivers the intensive effects to skin
  • 🍇Resveratrol: The antioxidant compound, Resveratrol rejuvenates skin by delivering full vitality to skin.
  • 🍇Cranbetinol: The peptide from the extracted cranberry has the similar effect like Retinol (Vitamin A), boosting skin vitality.
  • 🍇Upcycled grape seed oil : The discarded grape seeds after production of Port Wine, can be reborn as grape seed oil, delivering deep hydration to skin, with high absorption.
  •  

• I don't know a lot about this one.  It was suggested by someone here.  And I haven't used it long enough to talk about.  Ingredients look good.
  •  
  • good light Moon Glow Milky Toner. Super hydrating, nourishing and soothing, this face toner also has ceramides to help promote a robust skin barrier function. It gently exfoliates, leaving your complexion looking radiant – like the full moon.
  • Improve Skin Barrier Function and Reduce Inflammation. The milky toner promotes robust skin barrier function, smooths off dead skin cells and deeply moisturizes. You want more? It’s also pH balanced, helps with dryness and strengthens your skin. Yay!
  • Made with Natural, Skin-Loving Ingredients. Hyaluronic acid and snow mushroom drench your skin with hydration deep into pores. Ceramides help fortify the skin barrier while meadowfoam seed oil helps to heal and niacinamide protects and regrows lipids.
  • How to Put Your Best Face Forward. After cleansing, dispense toner onto your hands or a cotton round and massage into skin. The milky toner will balance the pH of your skin and replenish moisture. It’s gentle enough for day and night use.
  • Beauty Beyond the Binary. At good light, we create highly efficacious yet gentle personal care products that are for all people, regardless of your gender identity. Our products are vegan, cruelty-free, and free from BPAs, parabens, phthalates and more.

Some of these products show using a cotton pad/round to apply.  I do NOT do this.  It's a waste of product.  More product gets left behind on the cotton round than on your face.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Shelbelle 

In case it is an animal cruelty thing with these snails, no harm comes to snails when when harvested for their mucin. Mad and scared snails do not produce mucin so they are kept happy.  

As for application of the snail mucin, I normally put it on before moisturizer. Moisturizer and oil on my last two steps. However, I have read that snail snot goes on first but also know that Essences go on first.

I am confused about this one.

Hi, Moni,hope you are feeling good. Nope, not a cruelty thing, I just like putting things on my face and body that are plant based, I like the idea of a more vegan product than things coming from animals, 

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  Since you use the snail mucin, maybe you can tell me how one keeps a snail happy. Woman LOL

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I wish I could remember the YouTube video I watched. From what I recall they are in a dark cool environment. They crawl along a wire mesh and their secretion is collected below. According to this video, they do not secrete mucin when they're unhappy.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much @monicakm! This is so helpful!  Also, sorry for the late acknowledgment - for some reason I've been having difficulty signing into my account and finally got in after talking with customer service.