Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Neutral. Could I Wear One Shade Darker...Golden Warm?

@Shanus 

I like having multiple foundations/skin tints.  And I'm so glad I gave this Fenty foundation a chance.  It seems to be that sweet spot.  Not too full coverage and not too skin tint-ish.  I've enjoyed wearing skin tints this spring and summer but with the cooler weather approaching, I'm looking for a little more coverage and I've found the perfect product.  That's not to say if another one peaks my interest I won't buy it.  It's ok if you don't understand Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

You could probably get away with a shade darker in that foundation because it has so many shades so there's not a huge jump between them..  If it's a touch too dark, try mixing it with the shade you currently have.  It's weird that 235 says medium with warm undertones and 240 says medium skin with warm yellow undertones but 235 looks more yellow to me (at least on my monitor).

I often mix two foundations together either because the color isn't quite right or because I don't like the formula by itself.  In fact, that's one foundation I never wear on it's own, I always mix it with something else.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

My state does not have mandated mask rules (yet).  But even if it did, I'd still wear a full face of makeup when I went out.  Granted I don't work so I'm not having to wear a mask all day.  If I did, I'd probably do things different.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lkat 

Thanks.  What is it about this foundation you feel the need to mix with another one?  I did a check several hours after applying and was astonished how good it still looked.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@lkat 

Thanks.  What is it about this foundation you feel the need to mix with another one?  I did a check several hours after applying and was astonished how good it still looked.

@monicakm I like how it looks when I first put it on, but it tends to break down on me after awhile even with primer and powder.  I still get a little oily in my t-zone which is where it breaks up.  I usually mix it with a small pump of Double Wear and that helps it stay looking good for most of the day.

Honored Contributor

Why mess around when you know what works?  Stick with your perfect match.  Warm things up with an appropriate shade of bronzer.