Honored Contributor

I'm Neutral. Could I Wear One Shade Darker...Golden Warm?

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Neutral. Could I Wear One Shade Darker...Golden Warm?

@monicakm 

Just a thought.... If you do get a foundation one shade darker, could you mix a drop or 2 in w/ your moisturizer to off-set any possible over coloring? You would still get the tint, but with less chance of it looking unnatural.

(That shade #230 looks perfect for me, cause I'm neutral, too, but I don't use foundation.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   It's so difficult, without seeing you, to choose a foundation shade. My general "rule" is to match your complexion as close as possible...not lighter or darker..and then blend slightly under the jawline. Monitor's don't read color correctly and shade isn't the only consideration...you need to match undertone. What you may consider fair neutral may in actuality be a better match to a slightly darker neutral shade. 

Although I'm quite fair and cool undertones, I prefer a fair neutral foundation so I can blot out any pink in my skin. I use a sheer enough formula that I allow a bit of pink on my cheeks to act as a slight blush instead of adding more. Then again I never wear full coverage foundation which would need to be matched exactly. 

@monicakm   If you found a perfect color match, why would you want another?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear foundation, but wondering why you would want to change colors if you found one you like. Why play around with difference variations if one works for you already? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I wouldn't change what works for you. Bad Idea yes. Its a no imo.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   If you found a perfect color match, why would you want another?

@Shanus 

That's a darn good question and I don't have a darn good answer Smiley Surprised  Bored?  I don't know.  Let's just forget I asked lol

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I have no idea.  Think I'll delete the post if it's possible.  I should have known as hard as it was to describe what I was trying to ask, I shouldn't have askedf it Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   It seems you have many foundations with the same coverage. I don't understand why. I can understand a tinted moisturizer, a light coverage foundation and then a full coverage for special occasions. Having that many means they'll go bad before they can be possibly  used up, right?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

At the rate I use makeup right now, yes.  I'm hoping once I have my knee surgery to be back among the living more than once a week.  But also, I don't throw away makeup products just because it's been open for longer than the little symbol on the container.  If it looks good, smells good, feels good, applies good, it's good (imo).  I've never been harmed by old makeup.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

At the rate I used makeup right now, yes.  I'm hoping once I have my knee surgery to be back among the living more than once a week.  But also, I don't throw away makeup products just because it's been open for longer than the little symbol on the container.  If it looks good, smells good, feels good, applies good, it's good (imo).  I've never been harmed by old makeup.

@monicakm   I'm limiting my "among the living" venturing out until the pandemic is a little more controlled. I also find that full makeup is irritating under my mask...my state has mandated mask rules.