Respected Contributor

I'm Looking For A New Bodywash!

My favorite all time bodywash had been Philosophy Lemon Custard. I used to love how it scented my bathroom after I had used it in the shower. But, now the scents are so weak and washed out, I feel like I have just dumped it down the drain, along with my money!

So, I am on the search for a great new wash! I do use Dove Wintercare on a regular basis all year round, but love to have something wonderfully scented in the shower to use as well!

My skin is dry to extra-dry, and I don't like having shea butter in the formulation, it just makes the tub too messy!

Would love to know what you love and why! Just no Philosophy please!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Looking For A New Bodywash!

[ Edited ]

I dont use Dove products, just FYI, they contain DMDM Hydantoin, a formaldehyde based preservative, Korres has  nice shower gels.

Honored Contributor

With your skin issues, I'd pick Avenno who is known to help dry skin.  Their eleven body washes and soaps have a different scent.  A bonus is lower price.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this info.  I waa just about to purchase some Dove Bodywash.  Now I need to find another one.  I've used Philosophy for a while, and I liked it very much. but frankly it's just too expensive to wash down the drain. So onward to Ulta I guess. I could afford it, but I prefer to spend my money more wisely.  Hopefully there will be other good suggestions here.  I'll check out the Aveeno products.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I dont use Dove products, just FYI, they contain DMDM Hydantoin, a formaldehyde based preservative, Korres has  nice shower gels.

@Shelbelle, I use Dove products and didn't realize it contained this chemical.  I guess I never thought to look.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I agree with you on the weak smelling Philosophy.  I no longer waste my money on it either.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle, I use Dove products and didn't realize it contained this chemical.  I guess I never thought to look.

Thanks!

Lots of products made by Unilever have DMDM Hydantoin in them , read labels. Now in Noxzema skin cream too.

Frequent Contributor

It is exhausting keeping up with ingredient changes.  

We are told our skin the body's largest organ; so, I cannot figure out why there are not strict regulations on the products sold.

Valued Contributor

Hi Jacie

I used Philosophy for many years after Chrisitna left the scents were not the same. I used Dial and Olay for years, but 2 years ago I went Cruelty Free in skincare and makeup . I now used Pacifica body washes . They are cruelty free and vegan come in delicious scents.with no sulfates. They are $10 for 8 ounces so they are a bit more than drugstores . Many of the scents have matching body butters,soaps and handcream. I like florals so I have gardenia and persian rose , but they have several scents to choose from good luck in your search

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

With your skin issues, I'd pick Avenno who is known to help dry skin.  Their eleven body washes and soaps have a different scent.  A bonus is lower price.

Have you actually used Avenno Body Wash?    I was thinking of trying it but would love some feedback on that.